Happy Anniversary to me, Happy Anniversary to me..
  Re: (...)
38 years ago, on the 5th anniversary of JFK's assasination, Roy and I left work for Reno, got married and I spent the rest of the night puking.

He had four kids, I had four kids, we'd been dating two months, only knew him three months...I was sure I had just screwed up - again. Not only me, both sides of the family thot we were out of our minds...

I could not have chosen more wisely if I'd known what I was doing - he's always been there for me, always ready to go along with any hairbrained idea I come up with. He's so intelligent he leaves me behind most of the time mentally, but I can cook better than him!

And you know the best part??? After all these years, he can still be jealous...not the over-the-top-dangerous kind of jealousy, but the kind where he thinks someone will still lust after this darn, over-the-hill body....gotta love him.

And, can anyone believe John F. Kennedy has been gone 43 years??? No way!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Happy Anniversary to me, Happy Anniversary to me.. by cjs (38 years ago, on the...)
you've got me by five years but I feel much the same as you do. It's gone by in the blink of an eye and as I feel mortality approaching, I'm thinking I haven't spent nearly enough time with this man.

Many happy returns.
  Re: Happy Anniversary to me, Happy Anniversary to me.. by cjs (38 years ago, on the...)
Congratulations!! From what I've seen your husband married well too!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
Congratulations Jean! Hope you have many more wonderful years together. I know exactly how you feel, we're coming up on 33. We were kids (only 19) and a few people thought we wouldn't last. But we have and I feel blessed every day! Have a wonderful anniversary!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Happy Anniversary to me, Happy Anniversary to me.. by Mare749 (Congratulations Jean...)
Happy anniversary Jean. I can't imagine you two without the other standing next to them or working together. Many happy returns Sweetie.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
Congratulations!! I hope Y'all have many more beautiful celebrations and romantic dinners. Ain't love grand??
I'm repeating my CONGRATULATIONS from another thread, Jean and Roy!!! #38----(not #39)---how very special!! MANY, MANY more happy ones are wished for you!!! We are very lucky , aren't we???

JFK---I was in the 9th grade in history class--the only time I saw my grandmother with tears!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Happy Anniversary to me, Happy Anniversary to me.. by Roxanne 21 (I'm repeating my CON...)
Wow Jean major congrats. Sounds like you have had some wonderful years and still have a lot to go I am also so tickled when I see folks who have been married for such a long time. Gives me hope
Hello People, lookie-loo here and had to respond, mom & dad just wanted to send my Happy Happy Anniversary to you, to think its been 38 years since you and dad "ran-away" and got married then jumped on a motorcycle and started your journey and look how many years later your still on journey all over the place, maybe a few more wheels on your vehicle but never the less still a great inspiration on how to live the good life!!!!!!! I thank you
  Re: Re: Happy Anniversary to me, Happy Anniversary to me.. by madmax (Hello People, lookie...)
I love you, Tracie Lee!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com