A T'giving chuckle for you
  Re: (...)
My local paper (Cleveland Plain Dealer) ran some Thanksgiving disasters from their readers. What follows is my favorite:

Shortly after I got married, I made my first Thanksgiving dinner. I really wanted to make a good impression with my new husband and I wanted my mother-in-law to know that her son was being taken care of. I anxiously read the directions for cooking the turnkey. It said to baste the turkey every half-hour, so every half-hour I basted. (You see, because I had just learned how to sew, I was used to the term "baste" and thought that was what I was suppposed to do with the turkey.) By the time the turkey was to be done I had already used a spool of black thread. It was the driest turkey I ever ate.
  Re: A T'giving chuckle for you by lxxf (My local paper (Clev...)
Now, there is a novice of the first degree!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A T'giving chuckle for you by cjs (Now, there is a novi...)
hehehe...Thanks,lzzf! First time I cooked a turkey, I left the paper bag of innards in it.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: A T'giving chuckle for you by Lorraine (hehehe...Thanks,lzzf...)
I am happy to say I have never managed to do something like that...not quite done, yes.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: A T'giving chuckle for you by bjcotton (I am happy to say I ...)
I think we have all done something so silly---but good intentions were there!! Where does one buy lemon peel???
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: A T'giving chuckle for you by Roxanne 21 (I think we have all ...)
I've seen candied lemon peel, but never grated or simply thin slices of it. Oh yeah, I have seen dried in spice jars. Don't know how good it'd be though. No lemons dear?

Billy
  Re: Re: A T'giving chuckle for you by bjcotton (I've seen candied le...)
Oh Billy---I hope your answer is as tongue-in-cheek as my question was??? It really was a reference to when I was a newly wed and didn't know how to boil water. I was making a recipe that required grated lemon peel--had to run to my neighbor (head chef at Umass-Amherst) and ask him where I could find grated lemon peel---DUH!!! It was a crisis then, though---LOL over that one for a long time!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: A T'giving chuckle for you by Roxanne 21 (Oh Billy---I hope yo...)
It was Sweetie...Jean taught me the value of lemon, peel, juice, etc., as she taught me many other things. I bet she has no idea of what all she taught me just by talking to me.

Billy