I'm looking for a pork pie recipe
  Re: Re: I'm looking for a pork pie recipe by bjcotton (You betcha PJ. Many...)
A good pork pie is a treasure indeed. I understood it to be made from a hot water pastry 'built' up to a smaller pie, but higher. Shane is an expert in these things, he used to go on pork pie expoditions with his grandfather, the Rev. Bertram George Kelly, otherwise known as Horg. Neither of them knew how to make a pork pie, neither do I. But they were fine connisures (sp) of that magnificent product. Of course, that all took place in the Isle of Man, 50 + years ago. He was 93 then.
  Re: Re: I'm looking for a pork pie recipe by vannin (A good pork pie is a...)
"Pork pie expeditions" : Sounds like a pretty good life!

The "hot water pastry built up to a smaller pie" sounds interesting, I'm trying to visualize.... but I'm drawing a blank...

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: I'm looking for a pork pie recipe by pjcooks ("Pork pie expedition...)
I'll post some recipes for you tonight.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: I'm looking for a pork pie recipe by Lorraine (I'll post some recip...)
Posted! And now I just reread the original request, and you wanted something without the crust. Off to dig out the cretons recipe!
  Re: Re: I'm looking for a pork pie recipe by Lorraine (Posted! And now I j...)
Thank you Lorraine! So, (I suppose I should know this, but I don't) - what is the difference between the two?

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: I'm looking for a pork pie recipe by pjcooks (Thank you Lorraine! ...)
The cretons is a potted dish. We usually eat it on toast in the morning. Many Montreal restaurants will serve it n a ramekin at breakfast, along with another ramekin of baked beans. I'm looking for a recipe I made last spring, hopefully I'll find it tonight.