Lost recipe
  Re: (...)
I subscribe to the recipe e-mail. I could swear that several weeks ago, a recipe was sent out entitled turnips with bitter greens, or turnips and sausage with bitter greens. I printed it out and saw it disappear from the kitchen and can't seem to find the recipe in my Outlook files. Did anyone else get it? If so, could you send it to me or point me where it might be available on the web site. Many thanks.
  Re: Lost recipe by Chris_Mills (I subscribe to the r...)
Welcome to the forum! Here's the recipe :

Sauteed Bitter Greens
with Sausage and Turnips

Makes: About 6 Cups
Total Time: 30 Minutes + Pasta

Prepare According to Package Directions:
1/4 lb. dry orechiette or other small pasta shape (1 heaping cup)

Prepare:
1/2 lb. turnip greens, stemmed and torn
1/2 lb. mustard greens, stemmed and torn
1/2 lb. turnips, peeled (if large), cut into wedges

Saute in 1–2 T. Olive Oil:
1/2 cup bulk Italian sausage (4 oz.)

Add:
1 cup yellow onion, diced (about 1 medium)

Stir in:
3 T. garlic, minced (about 6 cloves)
Prepared turnips
Salt to taste

Toss in:
Prepared bitter greens

Stir in Cooked Pasta; Garnish with:
Zest of one lemon
Fresh lemon juice to taste
Grated Parmesan to taste

Prepare pasta.

Prepare greens; remove stem, grasp leaf in one hand, pulling stem off in the other; discard stem. Tear leaves into small pieces, place in colander, and rinse well. Shake off excess water but do not totally dry. For the turnips, trim off the stem and root ends. If they’re large, peel them — the peel is tough and strong-tasting. Small, young turnips don't need peeling. Cut large turnips into 1/2"-thick wedges, smaller ones into quarters. Heat 1 T. olive oil in large stockpot over med. heat. Add sausage and break into chunks with a spoon.

Saute stirring often, until sausage is no longer pink, about 3 min. (If it starts to stick, add 1 T. more oil.)
Add chopped onion. Saute onion until softened, about 3 min.

Stir in garlic, turnips, and salt; cook just until turnips have softened slightly but are not mushy, 3 - 5 more minutes. They should still be fairly crisp in the center at this point. Add damp greens.

Toss to combine. Cook until greens have softened, 6–8 minutes. Do not overcook—they won’t get silky soft but should still have some bite to them.

Stir in cooked pasta and toss just until warmed through. Transfer to a serving platter, drizzle with lemon juice, and garnish with zest (I leave the strands long for good looks and heavy-duty lemon flavor). Grated Parmesan is required too!

To assemble, spread 2 T. tomato sauce on the bottom of each ramekin. Arrange 5 ravioli on the sauce, overlapping slightly. Top with 2 T. sauce and 7 slices pepperoni. Spoon 1/2 cup spinach mixture over the pepperoni, then top with 5 more ravioli. Finally, spread with an additional 2 T. sauce. Coat one side of six small sheets of foil with cooking spray. Tightly wrap each ramekin in foil, coated side down. Place them on a baking sheet lined with foil, and bake for 30 minutes. Let stand, wrapped, 15 minutes to cool slightly and set up. Remove foil. Unmold ramekins by running a paring knife around each, then inverting onto serving plates.

Sprinkle each with Parmesan before serving
Tammy
  Re: Re: Lost recipe by TwilightKitten (Welcome to the forum...)
Welcome Chris!! How did I miss this in the mailings - it looks so good!! I'm so glad you're on top of things, Tammy!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Lost recipe by cjs (Welcome Chris!! How ...)
Welcome Chris. I hope you enjoy us enough to stick around and share your experience and recipes.

How in the world do you peel a turnip leaf? Never mind, what a dummy...it's the turnip you peel..I should take reading 101 again
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Lost recipe by bjcotton (Welcome Chris. I hop...)
go back to sleep, Billy!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Lost recipe by cjs (go back to sleep, Bi...)
giggle....
  Re: Re: Lost recipe by vannin (giggle.......)
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Lost recipe by bjcotton ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
WELCOME Chris!!! I totally missed that recipe, too. Thanks for posting Tammy!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Lost recipe by Roxanne 21 (WELCOME Chris!!! I...)
You guys are so funny !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!