Jean on Cooking....:D
  Re: (...)
I have several recipes from Ms. Jean that I'm hoping she will share with you. Just one I'll mention is in the Share A Recipe Cookbook...something about frozen burritos in a crockpot... Some of my most cherished recipes come from her.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Jean on Cooking....:D by bjcotton (I have several recip...)
Well, Mr. BillyJ, aren't you the sweetheart - thank you. That burrito one is really off the wall isn't it?? (I think it's time to make this one again.. )

SLOW-COOKED CHICKEN AND BURRITOS

4 frozen burritos, beef or bean & cheese
2-4 boneless chicken breasts
14 1/2 can Enchilada sauce
Cheddar cheese
TO TOP:
shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, onions and sour cream, and a little more grated cheddar cheese

On the bottom of a slow cooker, place the frozen burritos.
Lay the chicken breasts on top and cover all with the enchilada sauce.
Cook on low 5-8 hours - it's very forgiving - the last few minutes sprinkle some grated cheese over.

When ready to serve, shred the chicken and serve with the above toppers.

Description:
"This recipe is so off the wall, I just had to try it - and if frozen burritos are one of your favorite junk foods (it's mine!), you'll love this!!"

Note: Billy also tried this with tamales and adding refried beans.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Jean on Cooking....:D by cjs (Well, Mr. BillyJ, ar...)
My kids are going to love this. Thank you!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Jean on Cooking....:D by Mare749 (My kids are going to...)
Didn't you make this with tamales one time and say it was equally good too, beej?
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Jean on Cooking....:D by Half_Baked (Didn't you make this...)
I did Jan, it was excellent. The first time was with Spicy Pork which I unwrapped from the corn husks. Harborwitch suggested that it might be even better if I left the husks on, which I did. The 800 pound gorilla ate until I thought he would surely burst. I used to get my tamales from a woman my niece worked with [$10 for a dozen], but thought I was out. I defrosted the freezer the other day and found another 2 dozen . Think I'll make it today.

Billy
  Re: Re: Jean on Cooking....:D by bjcotton (I did Jan, it was ex...)
We were at the storage unit Saturday - I kept looking at the crockpot - Thank you for reminding me why I should have brought the darn thing home! Da#n!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Jean on Cooking....:D by Harborwitch ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
Never having lived on a boat, can I venture Sharon, that it may be a second oven. The original one potter.
  Re: Re: Jean on Cooking....:D by Harborwitch ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
Jean, I just have to tell you what happened. I imported your recipe into mastercook, then decided to email it to my daughter because I just knew that her husband would love this and it would be easy for her to put together. So, she calls me tonight and asks me if the recipe really calls for 14 1/2 cans of enchilada sauce. (She was actually serious) We had a good laugh over this one.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Jean on Cooking....:D by Mare749 (Jean, I just have to...)
Well Geez Maryann, if Jean said so, it must be so

Billy
  Re: Re: Jean on Cooking....:D by Mare749 (Jean, I just have to...)
where did that darn oz go - they are always running around crazy without a care...has anyone else noticed that???
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com