Foodspring - New Publication (to me)
  Re: (...)
Has anyone rec'd a complimentary copy of this publication?? I did a week or so ago and just got a chance to check it out! What a great little magazine - it's filled with food ideas, new products on the market and a few recipes. It's woderful - I have basil leftover from something last weekend and I have sage and mint trying to stay alive for me in the herb garden, so I made two pestos they printed. And...they are real winners.

Basil-Sage-Walnut Pesto
Basil-Mint-Almond pesto

Both are real tasty.

The best thing about this mag.? It's free! So, if you're interested, go to foodspring.com and subscribe.

Two articles of interest - one, Velvet Pioppini or Black Poplar mushroom - supposed to have a peppery flavor.

the other is a website for Meatless Mondays - meatlessmonday.com - I've been looking for ideas for meatless dinners more and more lately. Haven't checked this out yet.

That's my good news for the day...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Foodspring - New Publication (to me) by cjs (Has anyone rec'd a c...)
Thanks Jean!! I hope to get mine soon!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: Foodspring - New Publication (to me) by Bizymomma (Thanks Jean!! I hop...)
Me too! I love publications like this. Thanks Jean.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Foodspring - New Publication (to me) by Half_Baked (Me too! I love publ...)
Thanks Jean, I'm signed up too. Also took a look at the other website but didn't see actual recipes but they did list menus. Looks interesting, I like Thai food.

I would like to experiment with occasional meatless meals. Does anyone have a favorite cookbook?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Foodspring - New Publication (to me) by Mare749 (Thanks Jean, I'm sig...)
My special favorites -
the Moosewood series, I think there are five(?) and 'Everyday Greens', Annie Somerville

I 'try' to have one or two meatless dinners a week, so I'll be anxious to hear some other favorites.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Foodspring - New Publication (to me) by cjs (My special favorites...)
Thanks, I like the Moosewood series too. In fact, I had two checked out from the library last week and copied a few recipes. At the same time, I discovered their website:
www.moosewoodrestaurant.com where they have some of their recipes posted.

I made their butter cookie the other day and added chopped pecans. Really tasty.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Foodspring - New Publication (to me) by Mare749 (Thanks, I like the M...)
Never thot of them having a website...off to check this out!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Foodspring - New Publication (to me) by cjs (Never thot of them h...)
Got a call from my daughter, the one who lurks here but posts maybe once every two or three months... When she got home from work, a Foodspriing mag. was waiting for her in her mail. She called me and started mentioning items and articles that didn't sound familiar at all - turns out she got the 'Holiday '06' issue! I have the 'Fall '06' issue and hers sounds great.

Now, we're both going to send emails complaining that we didn't get the other copy - her's has some real goodies in it!
www.achefsjourney.com