OK you pros, here's a ? for you
  Re: (...)
I've got a 9.13 butterflied leg of lamb. What do I do with it. I'd prefer to do it on the grill but it's going to be in the 40s and I don't know if the outside temp will effect the efficacy of the grill. I suppose I could do it in the oven, but at what temp and for how long. I'm going to marinate it in olive oil and garlic and rosemary and red wine probably overnight.

Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks.
  Re: OK you pros, here's a ? for you by lxxf (I've got a 9.13 butt...)
It may depend on what type of grill you are using, but we cook on our outdoor gas grill all year. The last time we cooked a leg of lamb, we put it on the rotisserie and basted it all day with an italian dressing. Not sure what you mean by butterflied, so the rotisserie might not work.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: OK you pros, here's a ? for you by Mare749 (It may depend on wha...)
It means boned or de-boned. I'm in Lakewood.
  Re: Re: OK you pros, here's a ? for you by lxxf (It means boned or de...)
Sounds too cold to grill outside, for your comfort I mean, not the bbq. A butterflied leg of lamb is a wonderful thing. You can stuff and roll it. you can cook it out flat and glaze it with whatever you fancy, Marinade it too, I would. An easy way to make kebabs, You might want to lay it on a bed of rosemary to roast. The only thing you can do wrong is overcook it. Have fun.
  Re: Re: OK you pros, here's a ? for you by vannin (Sounds too cold to g...)
This is one that I've done and I love it. Just be sure not to overgrill it or it will be dry. Leg of lamb should be done to medium well. Double the ingredients of the marinade for your nine pounder.

GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB

1 (5 lb.) butterfly leg of lamb
2 tbsp. prepared mustard
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
4 tbsp. brown sugar
2 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. olive oil
1/4 clove garlic
1/2 c. lemon juice

Mix all marinade ingredients together. Place leg of lamb in dish to hold and pour marinade over it.

Marinate early in the day.
Grill on medium-hot coals for 30 minutes turning frequently and basting often.

Cover with foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes before carving meat across the grain. Serves 6.
  Re: Re: OK you pros, here's a ? for you by VegasDramaQueen (This is one that I'v...)
sounds good VDQ!

Years ago I marinated a butterflied leg of lamb in a sauce inluding grenadine and grilled it - was the best tasting lamb!!! Wonder if I can find that recipe again...

I cook lamb to 130 F. and let rest.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OK you pros, here's a ? for you by cjs (sounds good VDQ![br]...)
Medium well might be just a little too much for us. We like it, not rare, but just a bit past. Especially for the divine filet.