italian meringue buttercream frosting
  Re: (...)
In the recipe for buttercream frosting in the latest issue (Dec, p.50), it calls for extra-fine granulated sugar in the first part, and then extra-fine sugar in the next part. Are these the same?
  Re: italian meringue buttercream frosting by paveedwards (In the recipe for bu...)
Yes they are. The only difference between granulated and extra-fine is that the extra-fine dissolves more rapidly. You can make your own extra-fine by putting regular granulated sugar in a blender and pulsing it, or by using a food processor and doing the same thing.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: italian meringue buttercream frosting by paveedwards (In the recipe for bu...)
just don't process or blend too long - you'll have powdered sugar!!

Hey there, pave, welcome to c@h forum!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Welcome, Pave! I see your question has been answered, so I'll just add--Italian buttercream is sooo good!

Speaking of extra fine sugar, the PO (Picky One) now insists on having it on his Cheerios each morning. Well, Cheer-i-o, I told him, go buy it yourself! (And he does)

Have a good time here, let us know how you like the buttercream!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: italian meringue buttercream frosting by bjcotton (Yes they are. The o...)
WELCOME PAVE!!! hope to see you often---you will love it here----hopefully!!!

Sure wish I had that issue!!!! I know, it's in the mail!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: italian meringue buttercream frosting by Roxanne 21 (WELCOME PAVE!!! ho...)
Hmmmmmm...I was going to ask for the recipe, but since I have that issue {yuk, yuk), I'll just look it up.

Billy
  Re: Re: italian meringue buttercream frosting by bjcotton (Hmmmmmm...I was goin...)
Don't make me come out there and scold you, BJ!

My word that icing looks so good.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: italian meringue buttercream frosting by Half_Baked (Don't make me come o...)
Cheerios here are little 3 inch sausages, Kids love them and so do I. Bright red, like a savoloy, but much smaller. Since I image any kind of icing on a sausage is not done, what are your cherrios?
  Re: Re: italian meringue buttercream frosting by vannin (Cheerios here are li...)
Dale,
Cheerios is a cereal. They are little round circles made from whole grain. Healthy...good for you! Not much sugar...that's why everyone adds it!! LOL
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: italian meringue buttercream frosting by Bizymomma (Dale,[br]Cheerios is...)
I remember when we were kids mom used to mix powdered sugar and cream from our cow together and give it to us on crackers for dessert. Course, we was po' folk. Didn't know it though.

Billy