Lost Recipe
  Re: (...)
Help. . .
I'm looking for a Raspberry Pound Cake Parfait receipe that would have been in a Late 04 or Early 05 issue before Jun 05. The dessert is served in individual parfait glasses and drizzled with rum & Raspberry sauce. I fixed it for my sons Graduation party and it was a huge hit. I've not thrown out any of my CAH magazines but this issue mysteriously dissapeared! Can someone help me??? Please send me the recipe if possible or tell me the issue so I can send away for it.
  Re: Lost Recipe by Bizzimomx2 (Help. . .[br]I'm loo...)
I went through all of the "cakes" which included the parfaits and there wasn't one listed by that title. There was one or two parfaits listed if you'd like the recipes.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Lost Recipe by Bizzimomx2 (Help. . .[br]I'm loo...)
Sorry for any confusion, it was not named Raspberry Pound Cake Parfait that is more like a description of the dessert, unfortunately I don't remember the actual name of the recipe.
  Re: Re: Lost Recipe by Bizzimomx2 (Sorry for any confus...)
Let me check again and I'll get back to you. It was a parfait though wasn't it?

Ok, here's what I found. There is a "Black Forest Parfait", a "Peach Trifle" that uses raspberries, and a "Trifle" that uses raspberries. I downloaded all three in case you wanted them. Just let me know.

Billy
  Re: Re: Lost Recipe by bjcotton (Let me check again a...)
Yes, please I'd love to see all three but I think it might be the one with the peaches. When I mentioned this to my husband he remembered peaches also being an ingredient. I will be forever thankful that you found it! So will my family, as I'd like to serve it once again at my youngest sons graduation coming this 2007.
Where were you able to download the recipes, from Cuisine at Homes website?
  Re: Re: Lost Recipe by Bizzimomx2 (Yes, please I'd love...)
Ok, here they come.....

* Exported from MasterCook *

Black Forest Parfaits

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : A List Desserts-Ices

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
For the Cake -
Tear into Chunks:
3 cups Classic Angel Food Cake -- see online recipe
For the Filling -
Combine:
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 T. cornstarch
1 t. instant espresso powder
1/8 t. table salt
Whisk in:
3 egg yolks
Gradually Whisk in -- Simmer:
1 cup whole milk
1/4 cup heavy cream
Pour Milk Mixture Over -- Add:
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 T. dark rum -- optional
1 t. vanilla extract
For the Cherry Sauce -
Boil:
1 cup cranberry-cherry juice cocktail
1/4 cup sugar
2 strips orange peel
Juice of 1 orange
1 Pinch salt
Combine -- Whisk in:
1 T. cranberry-cherry juice cocktail
2 t. cornstarch
Off Heat -- Add:
2 cups frozen Bing cherries
1/4 t. almond extract
Assemble with:
3 cups Classic Angel Food Cake -- torn in chunks
1/2 recipe Rocky Road Filling Cherry Sauce
Unsweetened whipped cream -- whipped to soft peaks
Garnish with:
Milk chocolate curls -- below
Chopped roasted almonds

Tear into chunks, 3 cups leftover angel food cake.

Combine sugar, cornstarch, espresso powder, and salt for the filling in a large saucepan.

Whisk in egg yolks.

Gradually whisk in milk and cream. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring often. Cook until mixture thickens and boils, about 5 minutes.

Pour mixture over chocolate chips; let stand 5 minutes to melt. Add rum and vanilla; whisk until smooth. Cover with plastic; chill.

Boil cranberry juice, sugar, orange peel and juice, and salt for the Cherry Sauce until reduced by 1/4, about 5 minutes.

Combine juice and cornstarch in a bowl; whisk into boiling juice. Reduce heat; simmer 1 - 2 minutes.

Off heat, add cherries and almond extract.

Assemble parfaits, layering cake chunks, Rocky Road Filling, Cherry Sauce, and whipped cream in glasses. Finish with sauce and a dollop of whipped cream.

Garnish with curls and almonds.

Source:
"Cuisine at home, February 2004, Issue 43, p. 52"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : Makes: 6-8 ParfaitsTotal Time: About 30 Minutes Rating: Easy

Peach Trifle

Recipe By :

For the Sugared Almonds-
Rinse and Combine:
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Layer for the Trifles-
Combine -- Toss:
1 lb. fresh peaches -- peeled and sliced into wedges
2 T. sugar
Juice of 1/2 a lime
Cube -- Drizzle with when Assembling:
3 cups -- ¥
1 pound cake -- thawed if frozen, (about 9 oz.)
3/4 cup light rum -- dark rum, or apple juice
Combine and Beat:
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 t. almond extract
Puree:
1 cup fresh raspberries
1/4 cup raspberry jam
Juice of 1/2 a lime
Garnish with:
1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
Sugared almonds

Rinse almonds under water. While wet, combine with powdered sugar so a gummy paste coats them. Spread nuts on a baking sheet coated with nonstick spray and bake at 400° for 5 minutes, then stir. Return to oven for another 3-4 minutes, or until golden. Spread almonds on parchment paper and let cool. Set aside.

Combine peaches with sugar and lime juice. Toss to coat; set aside.

Cube pound cake into 1" pieces.

Combine heavy cream, powdered sugar, and almond extract in a bowl. Beat cream on high speed using an electric hand mixer until soft peaks form, 4-5 minutes. Set aside.

Puree raspberries, jam, amd lime juice in a blender until smooth. Layer the components two times in each glass. Start with sliced peaches, then the pound cake drizzled with rum, then the raspberry sauce, followed by the whipped cream. When assembling, don't pack layers down too much-having spaces will allow the ingredients to flow into one another, helping blend the flavors. Cover the trifles and chill at least 1 hour and up to 24.

Garnish with sugared almonds and mint just before serving.

Source:
"Cuisine at home, August 2005, Issue 52, p. 31"

NOTES : Makes: Six 10 oz. GlassesTotal Time: About 1/2 Hour + Chill Time Rating: Easy

Trifle

Recipe By :

For the Custard-
Heat:
3 cups whole milk
1 1/2 cups half & half
1 vanilla bean -- split and scraped
Combine and Add:
4 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup cornstarch
Stir in:
2 T. unsalted butter -- softened
1 T. vanilla extract
For the Raspberry Sauce-
Simmer:
2 pkg. frozen raspberries -- (12 oz. each)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup red currant jelly
2 T. brandy
1 T. fresh lemon juice
Combine and Whisk in:
2 T. cold water
1 T. cornstarch
Assemble Trifle with:
1/2 cup brandy
1/2 cup cream sherry
1 1/2 cups pineapple -- peeled and diced
2 12 oz. pound cakes -- cut into 1/2-inch cubes
For the Rosettes-
Whip:
1 cup heavy cream
2 T. brown sugar -- packed
1 T. lemon zest -- minced
Sprinkle:
1/4 cup sliced almonds -- toasted

Heat milk, half & half, and vanilla bean to a simmer over medium heat.

Combine eggs, sugar, and cornstarch, in a bowl. Temper some of the hot milk into the egg mixture-this keeps the eggs from scrambling. Then whisk the egg mixture into all of the milk. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until thickened, 8-10 minutes. It should be consistency of soft pudding.

Stir in butter and vanilla, off heat. Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap (press on the surface so a "skin" doesn't form). Chill. In a large saucepan, combine berries, sugar, jelly, brandy, and juice.

Simmer over medium heat until berries break down, 10-15 min. Strain mixture through a strainer lined with cheesecloth. Press on seeds to release juice. Discard seeds and return juice to clean pan. Bring the berry juice to a boil.

Combine cold water with cornstarch in a small bowl, then whisk it into the boiling juice. Boil the sauce 1-2 min. until thickened, whisking often to prevent scorching. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and chill until assembly. Before assembling, combine the brandy and sherry in a small bowl. Then dice peeled and cored fresh pineapple into 1/2" cubes. Cut cake into cubes (10-12 cups).

To assemble, spread a layer of cake cubes on bottom of trifle dish; brush with brandy mixture. Spoon about 1/3 cup raspberry sauce over cake layer. Press cake gently with rubber spatula so it soaks into and between the cubes. Gently spread about 1 1/2 cups custard over sauce, all the way to the edges-it's okay if it swirls with sauce. Add 1/2 cup pineapple. Repeat the layering procedure three more times, ending with a layer of custard. Cover the trifle with plastic and chill 8-24 hours.

Whip the cream, brown sugar, and lemon zest to soft peaks, just before serving. Spoon into a piping bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe large rosettes on top of the trifle. Toast almonds in a small skillet until golden.

Sprinkle them over the top and serve-use a big spoon and dig deep into the bowl!

Source:
"Cuisine, December 1999, Issue 18, p. 41"

NOTES : Makes: Twelve 1 Cup ServingsTotal Time: 2 Hours + Chill Time (8-24 Hours) Rating: Intermediate

There you go my dear, hope you and your husband find the one you liked.

Billy
  Re: Re: Lost Recipe by bjcotton (I went through all o...)
That Black Forest Parfait is REALLY good---I have served this several times with great success. YUMMMM!!!

I have also replaced the cake with vanilla ice cream---what a great sundae!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Lost Recipe by Roxanne 21 (That Black Forest Pa...)
The Peach Trifle has my mouth watering. Thanks Billy!
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Lost Recipe by Bizzimomx2 (Yes, please I'd love...)
Yes, Angela, they are all on the C@H Plus archives - I saw them when I was looking for the original recipe for you.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Lost Recipe by bjcotton (Ok, here they come.....)
Just noticed in the Peach Triffle recipe -

"3 cups -- ¥
1 pound cake -- thawed if frozen, (about 9 oz.)"

should read -

"3 cups pound cake, thawed if frozen, (about 9 oz.)"
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com