What have we invented?
  Re: (...)
For a brunch a couple of years ago, I invented a coquille saint jacques crepe casserole that was baked. I think I added some cooked shrimp and did not precook the scallops as they get tough if you cook them too long. I made extra sauce and poured it over the crepes in the pan and baked it for about 25 minutes. Personally, I thought it was good - there wasn't any leftovers and nobody made pb&j sandwiches.
  Re: What have we invented? by lxxf (For a brunch a coupl...)
I never think I've invented anything until I read that someone made 'my' dish or I find it in a cookbook. I've reworked just about every dish I try and turned it into my invention.

Your invention sounds great to me. I haven't used crepes in years and they make such nice meals.

Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: What have we invented? by lxxf (For a brunch a coupl...)
...and was your "coquille saint jacques crepe casserole" made in a shell???

I don't think I can participate in this discussion - unless I'm trying someone's recipe and I want to be true to it the first time, I kind of do my own thing with dishes...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What have we invented? by cjs (...and was your "coq...)
No, I made it in a 9"x15" casserole dish. I was thinking crepes then the French led me to coquille St. Jacques. Kind of a Faulkner stream of consciousness progression. I'd done both dishes independently before, I just decided to try and combine them.
  Re: Re: What have we invented? by lxxf (No, I made it in a 9...)
Hey, as far as I'm concerned, that makes it yours!

I don't think I've ever followed a recipe to the letter. Maybe I ought to one of these days. The variation may only be putting things in in a different order, but I always seem to change something.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: What have we invented? by lxxf (No, I made it in a 9...)
I bet that was tasty!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com