Trick or Treat Leftovers???
  Re: (...)
We've lived out in the country for so many years that other than grandchildren, I don't think we've been able to share Halloween with little ones for 20-25 years. Now, we're living in town and have gotten three bags of candy - have no idea how many we'll have. Now, THREE BAGS OF CANDY as leftovers in my house is a big no-no!

My question is, do any of you have really clever ideas to do with the leftovers??? cakes, puddings, pies, cookies???? There must be something!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Trick or Treat Leftovers??? by cjs (We've lived out in t...)
You might enjoy them this way: Freeze til ready to top some ice cream, then pulse a few in the food processor. They last a while in the freezer. I bet that FoodSaver thingy would keep them extra fresh too.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Trick or Treat Leftovers??? by farnfam (You might enjoy them...)
Take them to a Senior Center, Soup Kitchen, the Post Office or something like that. My BIL is a postman and he takes leftovers with him on his route and leaves some at each mail box.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Trick or Treat Leftovers??? by bjcotton (Take them to a Senio...)
Good idea Billy, The Sallies are good to give things too.
  Re: Re: Trick or Treat Leftovers??? by farnfam (You might enjoy them...)
Thanks Cis - good idea.

I don't want to give away as is,I want to do something with them first! I held back six of the butterfingers and six of the snickers to play with - good thing, the rest was almost gone.

Think I'll make a batch of cupcakes and put a half in each, and think about what else.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I have used this Emeril recipe by cutting up various candy bars. Instead of the chocolate chips I used the candy bar chunks and spread them over the baked bars. It was very yummy!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Covered "Hash Browns"
Recipe courtesy Leslie Stafford, Atascadero, CA
Show: Emeril Live
Episode: Kids Dessert
4 cups oatmeal
1 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup melted butter, plus more for greasing pan
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup corn syrup

Frosting:
1 (12-ounce) bag chocolate chips
2/3 cup chunky peanut butter

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Butter a 9 by 13 inch pan. In a large bowl, mix the oatmeal, brown sugar, butter, vanilla and corn syrup. Spread the mixture into the prepared pan and bake 15 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes. Cut into bars.

For the Frosting: Combine chocolate chips and peanut butter in a double boiler and melt. Mix well. Spread on baked and cooled cookie bars. Refrigerate until frosting hardens.
  Re: Re: Trick or Treat Leftovers??? by Claudia (I have used this Eme...)
OHHHH-----DH is gonna love this one!!! Thanks, Claudia---
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Trick or Treat Leftovers??? by Claudia (I have used this Eme...)
Give 'em away...I think I changed my mind!! Thanks Claudia, I knew someone would come thru. (we're in trouble, aren't we Roxanne??)
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Trick or Treat Leftovers??? by cjs (Give 'em away...I th...)
GIVE AWAY CHOCOLATE?????? Are you INSANE???? Now where did I hide that other bag----------hmmm!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
For the first time ever, I ran out of candy. We didn't get many last year, so I bought things the Picky One would eat (major sweet tooth). Had to turn out the light 5 min. before the end of Trick or Treat because we had nothing left in the house (a handful of butterscotch bits, perhaps some sundried tomatoes or shittake mushrooms anyone?)
and no kid's candy to raid (all grown up).

In the past, I would freeze then vac seal the candy. Come Christmas, some wonderful recipe or other would appear and I would have an "ah-haa!" moment, it's in my freezer!

PJ
PJ