Did You Know?
  Re: (...)
You can go to www.usps.com and order most sizes of boxes for Priority Mail for free? They even have one box about the size of a shoebox that's flat-rate of $8.10. Doesn't make any difference what the weight is...feathers or lead, it's still the same cost. Different size boxes come in different quantities, but they're all free.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Did You Know? by bjcotton (You can go to [url=h...)
Thanks, Billy, I didn't know about this. Saves a trip!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Did You Know? by pjcooks (Thanks, Billy, I did...)
Super!!!...now send me some sage! teehee (that's my daughter's name by the way )
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: Did You Know? by Bizymomma (Super!!!...now send ...)
Also, if you sign up for an account with them, you can print your Priority Mail labels on your printer. All it takes is a credit card, then the postperson will actually come to your door and pick up the package...no charge. You just tell them how much it weighs, what day to pick it up, how many packages and where it'll be...I always have 'em ring the doorbell. You have to have a scale so you get the weight right, I use my kitchen scale. Works like a charm.

Billy
  Re: Re: Did You Know? by bjcotton (Also, if you sign up...)
I want one of those---WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Did You Know? by Roxanne 21 (I want one of those-...)
What's that Roxanne? A kitchen scale? One of my buddies has to have a lot of the things I get...including a kitchen scale. He asked why I hadn't ordered him one when I ordered mine . I think there was a review of them in either CAH or Taste of Home and Cook's Illustrated reviewed them some time ago. They both recommended the same brand. I don't remember what it was, but when I get home I'll PM you if you like.

Billy
  Re: Re: Did You Know? by bjcotton (What's that Roxanne?...)
NO, NO, NOOOOO!!!!!!! I want one of those postage thingies you are talking about----we have only ONE option here---and not very reliable at that. Fed Ex is the only courier we can trust for anything important and time sensitive. Kitchen scale???? No problem---I have a Krups---my little, inexpensive, trustworthy friend--best I could find here at the time. Does what I ask---what more does a gal need??
  Re: Re: Did You Know? by Roxanne 21 (NO, NO, NOOOOO!!!!!!...)
I don't think it'd work in your part of the world Roxanne, but what do I know. I think it only works in the US, but you can use Global Priority from here. We have been using this process for several years to ***** our individual tie dye orders, AND to wrap our Christmas/birthday gifts in... sssssssshh, don't tell the post office about it

Billy
  Re: Re: Did You Know? by bjcotton (I don't think it'd w...)
NOTHING works in this part of the world, Billy---but thanks for the heads up anyway---one more thing to look forward to with our return. (I will not tell a soul, I promise!!!!)
  Re: Re: Did You Know? by Roxanne 21 (NOTHING works in thi...)
The kitchen scales I was talking about were Salter brand.

Billy