Leftover corn tortillas
  Re: (...)
Buying just a small pack of corn tortillas here is not an option. Since our population of Hispanics has rapidly grown, you can get JUMBO packages corn tortillas here! LOL My question is this, the package that I bought had 30 in it. Now, I'm not wanting to use them anytime soon, but hate to throw away this whole package.

Is there anyway to store these? freeze? Anybody know?
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Leftover corn tortillas by Bizymomma (Buying just a small ...)
Sure, they freeze great - if you're going to fry them after thawing, I would suggest p.toweling them well, so the frosty bits don't splatter at you.

Do you use them for bowls for taco salads??? Love to do that.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Leftover corn tortillas by Bizymomma (Buying just a small ...)
Yes! Just put the package in the freezer. Some people put a square of waxed paper in between each tortilla but I don't. I simply use a wide knife, insert the tip in between each tortilla are work it in. They pop apart quite easily. I freeze all my tortillas, flour and corn.
  Re: Re: Leftover corn tortillas by coco hernandez (Yes! Just put the p...)
Or you could make chips out of them for to go with snacks and cocktails. Or make quesadillas maybe
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Leftover corn tortillas by farnfam (Or you could make ch...)
I usually wrap up stacks of 10 and put the packages in a freezer bag.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Leftover corn tortillas by Half_Baked (I usually wrap up st...)
Great!! Thanks everybody!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: Leftover corn tortillas by Bizymomma (Great!! Thanks every...)
I always freeze my leftover tortillas---no problem. And they thaw really quickly.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Leftover corn tortillas by Roxanne 21 (I always freeze my l...)
Well, now I'm wondering if I'm making a mistake. I get big packs of these, but since they were just on the regular shelf at the grocery store, I assumed that I could store them in my bread box safely. So far, they haven't gone bad. But then, I make that turkey tortilla soup (in one of the volumes of the Cooking magazine from a previous year) quite often, and that calls for 6 each time, so maybe I use them up quickly enough that they don't have time to go bad?
  Re: Re: Leftover corn tortillas by carolekv (Well, now I'm wonder...)
If your eyesight is good Carole, you might be able to find the da-- expiration date stamped on the pkg. For some reason, even tho they are not refrigerated at the store, I do put them in the fridge when I open the pkg. Why? Haven't a clue...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com