sauce for a stuffed chicken
  Re: (...)
hi all can someone please send me a good sauce recipe for a chicken dish. I rolled chicken cut. with prociutto and provolone and I am not sure what kind of sauce to put with it. Please help!!
  Re: sauce for a stuffed chicken by terriann (hi all can someone p...)
BECHAMEL SAUCE (Makes about 1 cup)

1 cup hot milk
2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
Salt
White pepper

In a heavy 2- to 3-quart saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over moderate heat, and stir in the flour.
Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Do not let this roux brown.

Remove the pan from the heat and blend in the hot milk.
Then retum to high heat and cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce comes to a boil.

Reduce the heat and simmer, still stirring, for 2 or 3 minutes, or until the sauce is thick enough to coat a spoon heavily.

Remove the pan from the heat, taste and season with salt and white pepper.
------
Saute some shallots in the butter before adding the flour.
Maybe add a little Marsala to the finished sauce.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: sauce for a stuffed chicken by cjs (BECHAMEL SAUCE (Make...)
How about adding a little olive oil, lemon juice and parsley/basil to the drippings? A hint of butter at the end to enrich it would be great---

WELCOME Terrianne
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: sauce for a stuffed chicken by terriann (hi all can someone p...)
Two good ideas here! What about adding some fresh sage to a bechamel?

Welcome, Terriann!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: sauce for a stuffed chicken by pjcooks (Two good ideas here!...)
First off welcome to the boards! Was it the jello shooters I had laid out that brought you in?

If you have some decent pan drippings I'd make a pan sauce if you have some chicken stock you can add to it. You could add fresh sage to it at the very end.

Btw we're doing game hens tonight in class
  Re: Re: sauce for a stuffed chicken by cjs (BECHAMEL SAUCE (Make...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
If you go the marinara or puttanesca (tomatoes,onions, capers, black olives, anchovies, oregano and garlic) route, you might try garnishing with some fried capers, or fry up a little more prosiutto, or combine the two and sprinkle.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com