Are These In Your Kitchen?
  Re: (...)
Besides the normal "stuff" one keeps in their kitchen, I've found an occasional need for these items: needle nose pliers, regular pliers, rubber mallet, and screw driver. I was searching for a large scoop type thing to get noodles our of water, etc., when I happened upon a Kitty Litter scoop...works perfectly
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Are These In Your Kitchen? by bjcotton (Besides the normal "...)
I have a green bean Frencher.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Are These In Your Kitchen? by bjcotton (Besides the normal "...)
Yes- the needle nose pliers, the screwdriver, and the mallot, all bought new and dedicated to the kitchen, as well as a metal ruler, a sewing awl, a 6" metal sewing gauge and new polysomething white pipe cut into ring molds.

I like hardware stores as much as cookware supply stores and fabric stores!

What do you use the regular pliers for, Billy?

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Are These In Your Kitchen? by pjcooks (Yes- the needle nose...)
When I need to get a grip on a bottle cap, a leg bone, a pan handle, etc. The needle nose aren't large enough to really get a grip on some things.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Are These In Your Kitchen? by bjcotton (When I need to get a...)
I once used a pair of needle nosed pliers to remove an obstruction from a little childs nostril. Never know when they will come in handy.
  Re: Re: Are These In Your Kitchen? by vannin (I once used a pair o...)
**new polysomething white pipe cut into ring molds**

What a great idea. I didn't want to pay $20 for 2 cuisinart molds and I certainly didn't want to eat 8 cans of tuna. Look how much money you just saved me !!!!
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Are These In Your Kitchen? by Half_Baked (**new polysomething ...)
Oh Jan, I'm surprised you haven't picked up on using PVC pipe for molds a long time ago - we talk about it all the time, but, it is a wonderful use for that product!!

A look in my tool box, no one would know whether I'm a cook or a handyman/person...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Are These In Your Kitchen? by cjs (Oh Jan, I'm surprise...)
Explain about the "ring molds" please. What do you cook in them?
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Are These In Your Kitchen? by farnfam (Explain about the "r...)
Well, I've stacked all types of foods and salads in them, at my sisters. She has the tuna cans. I've never cooked in one since we just use it to make the sides and desserts look pretty.

For instant were having salmon for dinner w/ our salad on the plate (to save dishes) + we had cooked spinach and mashed potatos. We drained spinach and made stacks of mashed pot, spinach, mashed potato, spinach...then she topped it with tiny diced tomatos. Take the ring molds off and it is beautiful, doesn't make the plate looked crowded and it adds a touch of elegance.

Shoot with a couple of sizes of pvc pipe, all kinds of food could be layered.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Are These In Your Kitchen? by farnfam (Explain about the "r...)
cis, you can't cook/bake in the PVC pipe - you'd have to use metal for that. These are for presentation. Molding just about anything that will be served cold.

Or you can take something like hot rice/pasta and mold it before putting on plate and be able to serve hot.

They are a lot of fun to play with. Like individual cake rounds layered with filling (lemon curd, chocolate pudding, etc. and make two, three, four layers.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com