Cooking Humor
  Re: (...)
Here's my tale
Way back, many years before the earth's crust was cooled. I took a Gormet Cooking course as a high school elective. That in itself would make you laugh, if you knew that my mom wouldn't allow me to do anything in the kitchen except load the dishwasher (neat freak she)So I had ZERO cooking experience
In class, my cooking partner and I were baking a lemon merringue pie, I think. Teacher was walking from station to station observing our mise en place(except I'm not sure that they called it that, just made us do it). On the counter I had two eggs just set out beside each other. Teacher looked at me and said "These eggs need to be separated".(I was thinking, why will they fight?) So I moved them apart on the counter. Teacher scowled and walked away. THEN, my partner tells me what separating eggs means!
LOL
  Re: Cooking Humor by farnfam (Here's my tale[br]Wa...)
I was making Spice cookies at my sister's house and couldn't find all the spices that I needed so I used 2 T Allspice, instead.

Can you imagine what those tasted like?
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Cooking Humor by Half_Baked (I was making Spice c...)
When I first began cooking I wanted to roast a chicken. After a certain point in the oven it said to baste the chicken thoroughly. I wasn't sure what to baste it with, so I took it out of the oven, lay it on a cutting board and whacked [basted]it all over with a spatula. Didn't affect the taste at all that I could see
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Cooking Humor by bjcotton (When I first began c...)
That's funny Billj, quite the mental picture I got from that. LOL
Cis
Empress for Life
Quote:

I wasn't sure what to baste it with, so I took it out of the oven, lay it on a cutting board and whacked [basted]it all over with a spatula. Didn't affect the taste at all that I could see

Hahahahaha !!!
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Cooking Humor by Half_Baked ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
My first turkey. I didn't know how to properly clean it. I called a friend who told me you have to wash it inside in out.

Well wash to me means soap and water. I figured I'd use the mild hand soap just incase. I thought I rinsed it really well, but not well enough. At the first baste time when I pulled it out there was bubbles.
  Re: Re: Cooking Humor by DFen911 (My first turkey. I d...)
Mine wasn't so much a mistake but misplaced pride. In college I worked as a nite nurse in an alcoholic ward. My roommate and I had the kitchen to ourselves after 8:00 so we fixed our own dinner many times.My first "gourmet" meal was a combination of cream of celery soup and cream of mushroom soup poured over a cut up chicken and baked. This was served over rice. Really creative. I didn't realize I was doing a pilot for "Semi Home Made With Sandra Lee". I did get better after that. Lord, that was 1963.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
Billy, I wish I was a fly on the wall.....

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Cooking Humor by DFen911 (My first turkey. I d...)
Denise, was it that nice cranberry apple handsoap Bathworks use to sell?

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Cooking Humor by pjcooks (Denise, was it that ...)
Did you notice Denise, that PJ is picking on us?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy