New Book Review
  Re: (...)
Just received my new book from a couple of authors that I'm just crazy about. Don't know if I've mentioned a book called Culinary Artistry on this forum, but it has become like a bible to me over the years. It's a compilation of what goes with what foods - the book "...provide(s) food and flavor pairing as a kind of steppingstone for the recipe-dependent cook...and once you know the scales, you will be able to compose a symphony." (one of the reviews)

I recommend this book to anyone who will listen. Well, now they, Andrew Dornenburg and Karen Page, have a wonderful new book out - What To Drink With What You Eat - it's another amazing compilation of all drinks - wines, teas, beer, lemonades, on and on.

For example, who knew what would match with paprika???? Not me - and they list seven different drinks. Parsley...likes Sauvignon Blanc. It's just an amazing amount of info.

Denise, you would be wise to have both books as you travel thru the cooking world, especially! When I was still working, I don't know how many times I grab the C. A. book to match things I'd find in the walk in and come up with a great dish! And this one will be just as beneficial, I'm thinking, for any level of cook.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: New Book Review by cjs (Just received my new...)
I have never even looked for that book, Jean and I know you've given it accolades over the years (yes, years...and what a good friend you are to me). btw, Jean and I have never met in person.

This time I'm going to go find it.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: New Book Review by Half_Baked (I have never even lo...)
When I first looked at it [Jean had it, so I had to have it] I was fairly confused. It just didn't make sense to me. Then Jean explained it to me and I use it fairly often now. Good book to have!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: New Book Review by bjcotton (When I first looked ...)
Back at ya, Jan!! "btw, Jean and I have never met in person." - but watch out, one of these days...

And, I can't stand it if BillyJ has one I don't have...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New Book Review by cjs (Back at ya, Jan!! "b...)
I need those books!!

Jean can you get me the ISBN numbers please? I'll order them today!
  Re: Re: New Book Review by DFen911 (I need those books!!...)
What great additions to any cooking library---especially for the serious cooks or us wannabes---the suggestion is great---just another thing to add to the care package!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: New Book Review by Roxanne 21 (What great additions...)
Never mind I found them and put them on my Christmas list for my folks to do. This is perfect! Thank you for sharing this info
  Re: Re: New Book Review by DFen911 (Never mind I found t...)
I'm sorry I couldn't get back to you in time - my computer started on the slow down just as I read you request and we had to get out of here at noon. I'm glad you found them - I'm so anxious for you to get the books - but, don't open them till you can sit down for an hour or so just to absorb - they are so fantastic!!
www.achefsjourney.com