How many cookbooks do you have?
  Re: (...)
Just out of curiosity, and I'm kind of a nerd....
How many cookbooks do you have?

Right now, I'm at 152.
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: How many cookbooks do you have? by Bizymomma (Just out of curiosit...)
I ONLY have 46 - and one on the way! Plus all the cuisine mags except about 3 issues. We have a rule that when you buy a new cookbook (or anything new) you need to get rid of one. But...I am just about down to all the ones I really want to keep. I got rid of all the miscelaneous ones early on that I thought I would never use and had very rarely used.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: How many cookbooks do you have? by esgunn (I ONLY have 46 - and...)
Literally too many to count...and I still have boxes in storage. I just enjoy them so much.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: How many cookbooks do you have? by esgunn (I ONLY have 46 - and...)
I'm almost embarassed to say this but over 300---and more on the way. I LOVE to read these tomes--and even if I don't make anything out of them I always learn something. Can't have too many books---someone once said--- "If I have any extra money I buy books and whatever if any is left I buy clothes" Amen!!!!!!!!!!

I had to have an addition for my library built into my kitchen when we remodeled four years ago---almost time to expand again----

"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: How many cookbooks do you have? by Roxanne 21 (I'm almost embarasse...)
I only have about 70 left. I donated a bunch to a culinary school in the South when Katrina destroyed their library.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: How many cookbooks do you have? by bjcotton (I only have about 70...)
That was so kind of you, Billy.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: How many cookbooks do you have? by Half_Baked (That was so kind of ...)
Yeah, did anyone ever hear from that guy we sent those books to???? Not even a post on the forum we were working thru....

I can't count them - too many and I gave away so many when we moved from the barn - but with a room downstairs in this new house, I still have a couple shelves to go....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: How many cookbooks do you have? by cjs (Yeah, did anyone eve...)
Never a word Jean. Maybe I should call Dave & Pam and see what happened.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: How many cookbooks do you have? by bjcotton (Never a word Jean. ...)
Huston, I have a problem. Bookcases of cookbooks and other books. A room given over to them, Upstairs, Downstairs, book cases. Yesterday I had a dismal visit to Rotorua, business it was. But on the way home we stopped in Cambridge, fortified ourselves with a Devonshire Tea and sallied forth to my fav. antique shop. There a book called Letters from South Africa 100 Years ago stuck to my fingers. It was $49 but I just couldn't let go of it. It was written by Lady someone or other to Chief of the Admiralty, a collection of letters from the later 1700s to the earlier 1800s. The Portrait of Lady Barnam is very much in the French style of the Versailles Court, and there are ferns and leaves pressed in the pages, this edition was the 3rd impression of 1906. It is so enchanting, her observations are beautifully detailed in exquisite language, and artless in their clarity. I love it.

As for how many cook books, I have no idea, maybe Billy can count them when he comes here, but maybe not, there are hundreds is all I know.