Broth vs. Stock
  Re: (...)
What exactly is the difference between a broth and a stock?
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Broth vs. Stock by Bizymomma (What exactly is the ...)
This is from the Food Lover's Companion, there doesn't seem to be much of a difference except one is strained:

Broth: A liquid resulting from cooking vegetables, meat or fish in water. The term is sometimes used synonymously with bouillon.

Stock: In the most basic terms, stock is the strained liquid that is the result of cooking vegetables, meat or fish and other seasoning ingredients in water. A brown stock is made by browning bones, vegetables and other ingredients before they're cooked in the liauid. Most soups begin with a stock of some kind, and many sauces are based on reduced stocks.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Broth vs. Stock by Bizymomma (What exactly is the ...)
Stock tends to be made more from bony parts. Broth is made more out of meat. Stocks develop a fuller mouth feel and richer flavor as a result of the gelatin being released by long simmering or roasting of bones.

Now days people use these terms incorrectly, IMHO. I define stock as being the main flavor building foundation of a dish by the use of bones. To me, broth is the liquid in a soup. Very different things.