slow cooker
  Re: (...)
What is the best way to reheat leftovers cooked in a slow cooker without drying out the meat?
  Re: slow cooker by ktn (What is the best way...)
I'm not the expert here but I would reheat in a fairly low temp oven--cover the dish with foil just until heated through. I have successfully used this method---

Be assured---the pros will give better, more accurate, advice when they check in!!

Nice to see you again, ktn!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: slow cooker by ktn (What is the best way...)
I usually seal up my left overs in my "Food Saver." Then pop them in a hot water bath. This method keeps us happy.
  Re: Re: slow cooker by dollop (I usually seal up my...)
If you must use a microwave zap it first for about 20 seconds on high to take the chill off. But to heat it thru reduce your power setting to 50%. Reheating foods in a micro should never be done on high as the food is already cooked.

I use the stovetop method and put a lid on the sauce pan I'm using and very low heat.

MMMmmmMmm Crock Pot food....I love winter when I can throw everything in the morning and come from work and have my house smelling great and dinner is ready.
  Re: Re: slow cooker by DFen911 (If you must use a mi...)
When I heat foods that haven't been saved in my FoodSaver pouches, I use the baine marie method - a SST bowl set over a pan of simmering water. It's about the gentlest heating after the pouch, of course.

"Be assured---the pros will give better, more accurate, advice when they check in!!"

Shame on you Roxanne - you give as good advice as anyone on this forum!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com