Pork Stuffed Poblanos with Walnut Cream Sauce
  Re: (...)
Oh, Jean! I could eat that Walnut Cream sauce with a spoon.

My poblanos were very hot so Harold took his pork mix out and ate it with some noodles he heated up from the frig. He kept eating and eating and said that it was too bad there weren't more noodles because all the sauces on the bottom were soooo good.

We loved it. A definate 9.5
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Pork Stuffed Poblanos with Walnut Cream Sauce by Half_Baked (Oh, Jean! I could e...)
This is the post I got the recipe from just in case it hasn't been posted here:

Jean -- "Ran across this recipe in an old Southern Living mag. What a great combination of flavors!! Really good."

Pork-Stuffed Poblanos With Walnut Cream Sauce

8 large poblano chile peppers
1 pound ground pork (didn't have, used l/o chicken breast)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
2 large tomatoes, chopped (I used Heirlooms, very good)
1 small apple, chopped
1/3 cup raisins
1/3 cup diced almonds, toasted
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup tomato sauce (had marinara sauce)
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
Walnut Cream Sauce
Garnish: cinnamon sticks

Broil chile peppers on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet 5 inches from heat about 5 minutes on each side or until peppers look blistered.
Place chile peppers in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; seal and let stand 10 minutes to loosen skins. Peel peppers. Gently split chile peppers open lengthwise, keeping stems intact; remove and discard seeds. Set aside.

Cook pork in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it crumbles and is no longer pink. Add chopped onion and next 4 ingredients; cook, stirring often, 7 minutes or until onion is tender.

Stir in tomato and next 4 ingredients. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in 1 teaspoon salt.

Stir together tomato sauce and next 3 ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat 5 minutes.

Spoon about 1/2 cup pork mixture into each pepper, and place in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Pour tomato sauce mixture over peppers.

Bake, covered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Top with Walnut Cream Sauce. Garnish, if desired, and serve over Cinnamon Rice Pilaf.

Note: Small green bell peppers may be substituted for poblanos chile peppers. (Do not roast.) Proceed as directed. Bake 45 minutes or until peppers are tender.

Yield: Makes 8 servings

Walnut Cream Sauce

This recipe goes with Pork-Stuffed Poblanos With Walnut Cream Sauce

1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt

Process all ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.

Yield: Makes 1 1/2 cups

----------
If you try this, hope you enjoy it as much as Billy (BJ) and I do!! And the walnut cream is great for anything you find in the frig to dip in it.....it's that good!

--------------------
Jan

Re: Re: Pork Stuffed Poblanos with Walnut Cream Sauce by Half_Baked (This is the post I g...)
Glad you liked it, sorry the poblanos were a little too much for Mr. H.B. tho - that walnut cream sauce? Oh My!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pork Stuffed Poblanos with Walnut Cream Sauce by cjs (Glad you liked it, s...)
I can't see why the walnut sauce would not work with BBQ'd meats. But really need to check with you first. Would it?
  Re: Re: Pork Stuffed Poblanos with Walnut Cream Sauce by vannin (I can't see why the ...)
The walnut cream sauce would go on about anything. I'd love to try it on bbq.

I finished the leftovers this evening while Harold had tomato soup and grilled han and cheese.
Jan

Re: Re: Pork Stuffed Poblanos with Walnut Cream Sauce by Half_Baked (The walnut cream sau...)
I have prepared that recipe several times Jan. It is superb! The 800 lb gorilla ate that sauce on everything it he could find in the frig and then licked the bowl. Can't say as I blame him. I couldn't find any poblanos the first time I made it so I used bells; one time green, one time red and another time orange..then I found the poblanos. It was good every time. I have now separated the Walnut Cream Sauce and use it on various things.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Pork Stuffed Poblanos with Walnut Cream Sauce by bjcotton (I have prepared that...)
Dale, what Jan and Billy said...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pork Stuffed Poblanos with Walnut Cream Sauce by cjs (Dale, what Jan and B...)
Oh, good, I shall include it in my bbq menus I am supposed to be writing for our conf. organiser. It even SOUNDS so good, let alone tasting.
  Re: Re: Pork Stuffed Poblanos with Walnut Cream Sauce by vannin (Oh, good, I shall in...)
Dale, right after I had made the Walnut sauce, I wasn't at all impressed, but after the flavors had a chance to blend, I was really impressed. You'll love it.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Pork Stuffed Poblanos with Walnut Cream Sauce by bjcotton (Dale, right after I ...)
This sauce is very thin so if I were going to take it to a bbq, I'd probably put it in a squirt bottle.
Jan