Can you freeze potato soup?
  Re: (...)
I'm making the Baked Potato Soup and the recipe is way too big for us. Will the soup be creepy if I freeze the leftovers?
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Can you freeze potato soup? by Half_Baked (I'm making the Baked...)
Jan...
Usually potatoes just don't taste as good the next go around (for my taste anyway...) but I searched this topic on the net and found this. Thought it would be of use. Of course everyone has their own opinion. If it's going to go to waste, couldn'r hurt to try!
http://forums.cookingclub.com/eve/forums...3810736821
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: Can you freeze potato soup? by Bizymomma (Jan...[br]Usually po...)
Thank Bizy! We ended up going out so I put it in the frig until tomorrow when I'll cook the steak. I tell you what, the soup looks too simple but it has a great taste. I can't wait to have it with the steak slices on it. I do believe I'll sprinkle each serving with bleu cheese.

I will have to freeze alot of it Sunday night and I am worried about the consistency when it thaws....if it isn't nice, I'll try adding a few freshly baked potatos.

With the leftovers, I'll put clams in one dinner and perhaps chopped ham in it for the last.
Jan

Re: Re: Can you freeze potato soup? by Half_Baked (Thank Bizy! We ende...)
Jan,
Is the recipe from the Splendid Soups book?
  Re: Re: Can you freeze potato soup? by Bizymomma (Jan,[br]Is the recip...)
I have a recipe for Baked Potato Soup that calls for chopped baked potatos and instant potato flakes! It is yum!! Something you don't dare eat when the temps are high!
  Re: Re: Can you freeze potato soup? by Bizymomma (I have a recipe for ...)
Yes, it is from Splendid Soups. The easiest soup I've ever made, I might add.

Hmmm, wonder why the potato flakes make a difference. Do they make it creamier or add depth?
Jan

Re: Re: Can you freeze potato soup? by Half_Baked (Yes, it is from Sple...)
Jan, do you have a FoodSaver? I frequently save soups, pasta, etc., if there is too much by vacuum packaging it. If after you've heated the soup [after freezing] and it is grainy, it makes into a great cream of soup , do you have an immersion blender? Works great.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Can you freeze potato soup? by bjcotton (Jan, do you have a F...)
Yes, the instant potato flakes add as a thickener. The recipe I have was from a copy cat recipe of Tony Roma's Baked Potato Soup. Very good...it sticks to the ribs (and a**, if you're a woman! LOL)
  Re: Can you freeze potato soup? by Half_Baked (I'm making the Baked...)
I have frozen potato soup and found that when it thaws, it gets watery. But, as mentioned, potato flakes work wonders to make it all better! I use potato flakes to thicken all kinds of soup. I think it works better than flour or cornstarch.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Can you freeze potato soup? by foodfiend (I have frozen potato...)
I've never thought of using them for other soups!!! That's why this forum is sooo awesome!!