Camarones Con Salsa Blanca
  Re: (...)
I saw a picture of this but no recipe. So I decided to try to do it. We had it tonite and we did love it. Let me know what you think
Camarones Con Salsa Blanca
For the Shrimp:
1 pkg frzn cooked Jumbo Shrimp, defrost tails off
1 large red pepper, roasted, peeled and sliced
1 large onion sliced
Lightly spray a pan with oil and sauté all at med high heat for about 3-4 minutes.
Remove and keep warm

For the salsa:
1T veg oil
1/2 onion diced
1T minced garlic
2T Cilantro
3T tequila
1sm can diced jalapeños
1/4 C Masa harina
1/2 C half and half
1 can chicken broth (you won't use it all)
Sauté onion, garlic and cilantro till slightly browned. Deglaze with tequila. Stir in
jalapeños. Simmer a minute or two. Sprinkle on Masa and stir. Gradually add half and
half and thicken. Add chicken broth to desired thickness or thiness. Put shrimp mixture
back in and warm thru. Serve over lime and cilantro rice
BTW this serves 2 generously
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Camarones Con Salsa Blanca by farnfam (I saw a picture of t...)
Cis...
This sounds so yummy! Rings a familiar tone of Mexico!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Camarones Con Salsa Blanca by farnfam (I saw a picture of t...)
Sounds good, but I think it's spelled camArones. I speak Spanish and the only reason I'm correcting the spelling is that if someone wants to google it, they need to have the right spelling.

When we lived in Panama '82-'84, we'd rent this place on the beach, and fishermen would come around with fresh camarones, we'd just heat some olive oil, butter, minced garlic, and fry us up some shrimp. We didn't shell or devein them. Man, that was some good eating!
  Re: Re: Camerones Con Salsa Blanca by lxxf (Sounds good, but I t...)
Thanks Ixxf I speak a little Spanish myself, but I guess I still spell American,(says Cis looking sheepish) LOL
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Camerones Con Salsa Blanca by farnfam (Thanks Ixxf I speak ...)
My, doesn't that sound tasty!! duly copied.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Camerones Con Salsa Blanca by Bizymomma (Cis...[br]This sound...)
This is on my to do list and copied/printed. Thanks for the new shrimp idea---love those!!

Question--what could I use for masa harina replacement--we can't get that here---AND what is it???
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Camerones Con Salsa Blanca by Roxanne 21 (This is on my to do ...)
Roxanne - masa harina means 'dough' and masa is the dough used for making corn tortillas. I'll bet you could use a little polenta? What do you others think?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Camerones Con Salsa Blanca by cjs (Roxanne - masa harin...)
Polenta/cornmeal might make it grainy, I would just use reg. flour if I didn't have masa. Or to really be technical, maybe a mix of cornmeal and flour run thru a spice grinder might work. You don't need very much for this recipe, not to worry.
BTW here's the picture http://melsmex.com/camarones.htm
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Camerones Con Salsa Blanca by Roxanne 21 (This is on my to do ...)
...or potato flakes...
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Camerones Con Salsa Blanca by cjs (...or potato flakes....)
That does sound yummy cj! And flakes would make the "blanca" color nicer too. My "blanca" wasn't as white looking as the picture.
Cis
Empress for Life