Storing cast iron skillets
  Re: (...)
How do you guys store your cast iron skillets? I have 3 that I have recently reseasoned and was unsure of whether or not I should stack them nest style, or keep them separated.
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Storing cast iron skillets by Bizymomma (How do you guys stor...)
I have mine stacked with paper towels (though dish towels would probably be better) between them to absorb any moisture. They seem to be ok that way...well, so far anyway!
Tammy
  Re: Re: Storing cast iron skillets by TwilightKitten (I have mine stacked ...)
That's what we do. For years.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Storing cast iron skillets by Old Bay (That's what we do. F...)
Mine are hung up on a pot rack. I don't know if it keeps them any better than another method, but it looks pretty
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Storing cast iron skillets by farnfam (Mine are hung up on ...)
I hang mine from a pot rack too.
  Re: Re: Storing cast iron skillets by vannin (I hang mine from a p...)
I have a couple on the pot rack - the rest are nested upside down on a wire rack shelving.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Storing cast iron skillets by cjs (I have a couple on t...)
I keep those that will fit nested in my second oven [which we never use since it's so small] and the rest nested in a cupboard.

I'm about to scrub one of mine down with steel wool..got it back from my older sis and it's sticky...no soap, just hot water and steel wool, and reseason it.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Storing cast iron skillets by bjcotton (I keep those that wi...)
This is a GREAT question, Bizzymomma. I have mine stacked in a cupboard beneath my grill/gas hobs---these are separate from my main electric stove top. I have noted that when I make a "cornbread" in the cast iron pan the end result tastes "tinny" ---may be that is why I prefer the northern style cornbread that is baked in the oven.

Now I will go and re-season my pans--place towels in between (I have three) and try again. Interesting thread!! They are great for blackened fish etc.--just not bready thingys---yet!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Storing cast iron skillets by Bizymomma (How do you guys stor...)
I have two, a 12" and a 6" and I keep them both in paper bags in my base cabinet with my other pots and pans.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Storing cast iron skillets by foodfiend (I have two, a 12" an...)
I think storing them in a paperbag is a good idea. Other than the ones in the oven, I think I'll do that...I have a bunch, plus 2 cast iron Dutch ovens.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy