Roxanne Is MIA...again
  Re: (...)
I think she's allowed herself to let life take over and make her ignore us...

We miss you!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Roxanne Is MIA...again by cjs (I think she's allowe...)
I hope all is well!
Won't you come out and play??
  Re: Re: Roxanne Is MIA...again by dollop (I hope all is well![...)
**...as Roxanne struggles to get outside and enjoy life Denise grabs onto her leg and pulls hard as she can to try and pull her back to the boards. Roxanne, not to be out done and who is very strong, pulls and claws herself away. When last seen Roxanne was skipping along in the grass singing songs of cooking and fall soups...***
  Re: Re: Roxanne Is MIA...again by DFen911 (**...as Roxanne stru...)
How sweet to know that I was missed---BUT---I'M HERE!!! I have been soooo crazy busy that I haven't had the time to respond to any of the posts---many that I would love to though. I will join the next TWO dinner parties--after all, we still have to eat, sometime.
Thinking of y'all everyday and I do check in to see what's happening----WELCOME to our new members--COME ON IN!!!

All is fine---will be back before you know it and then you will have to put up with my nonsense again--thanks all!!

Tammy--how's your grandmother?? Dollop you sound as though you have recovered, almost!! Denise---what can I say!! Jean---ON THE ROAD AGAIN!!!??!!

Can't wait to get that Splendid Soup mag---great reviews!!

My family is keeping me entertained!! Thanks, guys!!!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Roxanne Is MIA...again by Roxanne 21 (How sweet to know th...)
Quote:

Tammy--how's your grandmother??

How sweet of you to ask! Sad to say, she's not doing well at all. She has cancer throughout most of her body and does not want treatment. We're just trying to make her last days as comfortable as we can. It's the saddest thing I've ever had to deal with, and I'm a wreck most of the time. I'm so not ready to lose her. Fortunately, I have you guys to keep my mind off things for a while...and I do thank you all for that!
Tammy
  Re: Re: Roxanne Is MIA...again by TwilightKitten ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
It is one of the most difficult things for us to do---watch someone we LOVE sooo much just slip away and TOTALLY out of our control. My thoughts are with you and your family--may you have the strength to assist you through this most difficult time. We will be here for you---FOR SURE!!!

Hugs, Roxanne
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Roxanne Is MIA...again by TwilightKitten ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Are you using Hospice? They are the finest of the fine, and help make things easier. My prayers are with you.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Roxanne Is MIA...again by Old Bay (Are you using Hospic...)
Yes, we are using hospice at home but she really needs 24 hour care so my mom and aunt alternate nights. They hired someone to take care of her during the day while they work, and thankfully, she's been wonderful! Thank you to you both for your kind words and thoughts.
Tammy
  Re: Re: Roxanne Is MIA...again by TwilightKitten (Yes, we are using ho...)
Tammy,
My grandmother hasn't recovered from her heart surgery. She's very depressed. I can't imagine not having her in my life, but try my best to slowly prepare myself for the inevitable (?sp)
My thoughts are with you!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: Roxanne Is MIA...again by Bizymomma (Tammy, [br]My grandm...)
God, I feel exactly the same way about my grandmother...I really don't know what I'll do without her. She is one of my best friends in the world. I'm so sorry your grandmother isn't doing well either...it's awful, isn't it? My thoughts are with you as well! And thank you for yours...
Tammy