Trying my patience!
  Re: (...)
We have a drain problem...we've had a drain problem for over a year...now it's much, much worse. My sis is putzing around waiting for my brother to find her a plumber instead of just calling one. I couldn't even run the dishwasher cause the drain backs up...you have to start and stop the washer to let the water sloooooooooowly drain..Sad
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Trying my patience! by bjcotton (We have a drain prob...)
Want me to send you an axe, Billy? Not for you sister or BIL, but it sure would speed up the draining after the pipes were opened up a bit!
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Trying my patience! by Half_Baked (Want me to send you ...)
I told 'em it's not like you don't have the money to repair/replace the plumbing, you're just lazy!

Billy
  Re: Re: Trying my patience! by bjcotton (I told 'em it's not ...)
Tell them they will both get hepatitis if they don't get it fixed Billy.
  Re: Re: Trying my patience! by vannin (Tell them they will ...)
That's very true, Dale. Billy, you run get a gamma globulin shot. Did I dream this or do they now have a shot for Hep A, also?
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Trying my patience! by bjcotton (We have a drain prob...)
Don't call a small shop to snake a drain. Just call Roto Rooter or one of those chain places for a drain that needs to be snaked. They gurantee the work, will give you drain cleaner and will come out anytime -usually with no additional charge. We have had a lot of drain problems in our old farm house and old septic. The local plummers charge about three times as much and will charge a trip fee just to come out and look at it. Our last drain back up ran me about $200 for Roto rooter - which is still pricy but the local place was going to be about 600. And they tried to charge me 40 just to come out and give me an estimate. Luckily they didn't show up on time so I got out of the trip charge.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Trying my patience! by esgunn (Don't call a small s...)
We've had it snaked a couple of times, not professionally, but with a looooooong snake. It only got so far and wouldn't go any further. I think the old metal pipes have just corroded so badly that replacing them is the only solution. My brother builds houses and he said it was almost impossible to find a plumber that will go under an older house to replace pipes any more.

Billy