Please HELP!
  Re: (...)
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum but not to cuisine at home. I have become such a good cook that all whenever there's a party or event my friends can't wait to see what I'm bringing. So now I have a problem. I'm here in Fla. visiting my Dad when he volunteers me to cook for my cousins who also live here and are always inviting my Dad to their house for dinner, so he wants to return the invite. What I want to make is the Parm. crusted chicken in the intro. issue with the rosemary garlic potatoes and that wonderful sage, shallots and heavy cream sauce. I have the chicken recipe but I need the rest. Can anyone Help? I need it by Sat.
  Re: Please HELP! by mobeans (Hi everyone! I'm new...)
I don't have it, but I sure hope someone posts it. Sounds great!! Welcome!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Please HELP! by mobeans (Hi everyone! I'm new...)
First Welcome to the Boards And here you go!

Roasted Potatoes with Garlic and Rosemary

Heat:
1/4 cup olive oil
4 –5 cloves garlic, smashed
1 T. chopped fresh rosemary

Boil:
2 lb. Yukon gold and/or red skinned potatoes, unpeeled, cut into large chunks

Roast; Season with:
Coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 450° with rack in lower third. Bring 6 quarts salted water to a boil in a large saucepan.

Heat oil, garlic, and rosemary on a large baking sheet (with sides) on stovetop over medium-low heat. Do not allow garlic to brown.

Boil potatoes in water for one minute. Transfer to the baking sheet on the stove with a slotted spoon; stir to coat with oil.

Roast potatoes in oven on lower rack for 20 minutes. Carefully toss them with a spatula, then roast another 10 minutes, or until cooked through, browned, and crisp. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. (Shown here with Parmesan Crusted Chicken and Sage-Butter Sauce.)

Sage Butter Sauce -

Saute in 1 T. Unsalted Butter:
3 T. shallot, minced

Add and Reduce:
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1 t. fresh lemon juice

Whisk in:
4 T. (1/2 stick) cold unsalted butter, cubed

Finish with:
1 –2 t. minced fresh sage
Salt, white pepper, and cayenne to taste

Saute shallot in butter in a small saucepan over medium heat just until soft, 2–3 minutes.

Add wine, cream, broth, and lemon juice. Simmer until reduced by half, 8–10 minutes.

Whisk in butter, 1 T. at a time, stirring constantly. Do not add more butter until previous addition has melted completely.

Finish sauce with sage and seasonings. Keep warm in a water bath until ready to serve.
  Re: Re: Please HELP! by Lorraine (I don't have it, but...)
WELCOME mobeans!!!! That recipe is quite good---this was the first "adventure" in C@H that I attempted and then, of course, I was hooked soooo HERE I am---hope you enjoy our family---the BEST!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Please HELP! by DFen911 (First Welcome to the...)
Denise---WHY aren't you studying??? You don't DESERVE a break!!! Get with it, girl!!
  Re: Re: Please HELP! by Roxanne 21 (Denise---WHY aren't ...)
Hahahaha! I'm at work I sit in front of a computer all day and if that isn't enough I DO have my 100 flash cards sitting here in front of me hehehe I'm reviewing proceedures for finals next week. They'll give us the ingredients and we have to identify the recipe and know how to prepare it. Joy!

Then it's time for Session 2 - Meat Fabrication!
  Re: Re: Please HELP! by DFen911 (Hahahaha! I'm at wor...)
Thanks, Denise!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Please HELP! by DFen911 (Hahahaha! I'm at wor...)
And then you can share your knowledge----and we don't have to do the work!! You doin'good!! Love the "positive attitude"!!! (but didn't expect anything less)

I'm soooooo jealous!!

What on earth is "Meat Fabrication"? Sounds as though you have to invent meat??? ()
  Re: Re: Please HELP! by Roxanne 21 (And then you can sha...)
Meat Fabrication -

An introduction to meat and meat fabrication for foodservice operations. In this course, students learn the fundamentals of purchasing specifications; receiving, handling, and storing meat; techniques for fabricating cuts for professional kitchens; meat grinding, brining, curing, and smoking; and basic sausage making.

We each will have to fabricate 2 chickens, 2 quails, 1 duck, 1 lobster, 1 halibut, 1 albacore, 1 salmon, 2 trout, 1 suckling pig(1 per 2 students), 1 lamb (1 per 4 students), 1 steer (but that is 1 for the whole class) and a Partridge in a Pear Tree...

Oh sorry wrong song.
  Re: Re: Please HELP! by DFen911 (First Welcome to the...)
Happy, Happy! Thank-you sooooooooo very much! I was going to say I'll let you know how everyone liked it but you all know the anserw to that. There isn't one recipe I've tried so far that wasn't a hit.