I've got two questions for any and all
  Re: (...)
#1. I came across some strange mushrooms at the West Side Market (in Cleveland - the greatest source of over 100 vendors of meat, fish and veggies for 90 years or so). I only remember the name of one of the varieties - blue point - which were, predictably, blue. One was very yellow, and the other was like a baby oyster in color and configuration.

They were really expensive - US$3/oz. I chose three of each variety and the bill was $17.60!! I was too proud to put them back, so I swallowed hard, rewrote my will and bought the darn things. I'll admit they were tasty, but not that tasty. Has any one else come across these? and if, so, I probably prepared them incorrectly. But at these prices, they shouldn't need much more than butter and salt.

#2. I got a solicitation by the CIA for their magazine Kitchen & Cook. Is anyone else familiar with this publication? I signed up for one free issue.

Thanks for any enlightenment anyone may provide.
  Re: I've got two questions for any and all by lxxf (#1. I came across s...)
Hello there!

I have no idea about question #1.

Jean (CJS) and I both subscribe to Kitchen and Cook and we love it. In fact, I've been searching the house for my latest issue and can't find it anywhere. It has to be here somewhere.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: I've got two questions for any and all by lxxf (#1. I came across s...)
I'm only guessing here, but I would say you might not have been happy with the mushrooms because a lot of the varieties are additions to flavor rather than flavorful in themselves. Mushrooms can run the whole gamut - bland to rich, nutty, earthy.

CIA's magazine?? As Jan says, yes I like it as much as she does!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I've got two questions for any and all by Half_Baked (Hello there![br][br]...)
Jan, I took your copy when I was there stealing your socks the other night
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: I've got two questions for any and all by bjcotton (Jan, I took your cop...)
"Kitchen and Cook"

I've never heard of. I'll have to watch for it.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: I've got two questions for any and all by Lorraine ("Kitchen and Cook"[b...)
I haven't heard of it either---will go "on-line" to check it out!! Opinions anyone?? :question:
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: I've got two questions for any and all by bjcotton (Jan, I took your cop...)
Lol Billy....and bring that pink sock back with the book. btw, I found it under papers on my desk, so HA. (still no sock though)
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: I've got two questions for any and all by Half_Baked (Hello there![br][br]...)
Thanks Jan & Jean et al.