Calling all Culinary students ('specially oldies)
  Re: (...)
I keep hearing this "6° of seperation" thing how we all more or less know each other so I'm new here and hope I can be permitted some indulgence. Back in the early 80s I taught at a small Culinary School in Washington D.C. while working at the Jefferson Hotel there. I even hired a student from there who later became my husband. I'm just wondering if anyone reading this was cooking in D.C. waaay back then, or worked at either the Jefferson or Lowe's L'Enfant Plaza Hotel or attended "The Culinary School of Washington D.C." It'd be so funny to find someone this way but I'm not holding my breath. There was an awesome Thai restaurant at the foot of the Key Bridge in Roslyn that had a crispy fish that was -- to use a very overworked expression -- TO DIE FOR!! The Thai (Sing Ha) beer in the big bottles was good too of course.
Peace.
  Re: Calling all Culinary students ('specially oldies) by Cheryl13 (I keep hearing this ...)
Chances are slim at best that someone will turn up...but, stranger things have certainly happened!! Fingers crossed for your quest. I'm a West Coast all the way person.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Calling all Culinary students ('specially oldies) by cjs (Chances are slim at ...)
....and I am born and bred NZ. ;Þ Good luck.
  Re: Re: Calling all Culinary students ('specially oldies) by cjs (Chances are slim at ...)
Yes I see you are from the Orca superhighway area of Washington. Hubby was just out in the Belingham/Ferndale area seeing about a job. See what I mean. Only 6° of seperation. And we just met, you and I so to speak. Mt. Baker is awesome on a clear day he tells me. I envy you all the fresh sockeye you have at your fingertips. Oh and the dungeness too.......
Peace.
  Re: Re: Calling all Culinary students ('specially oldies) by Cheryl13 (Yes I see you are fr...)
"Oh and the dungeness too......." yes, indeed!! And there will be a festival next month!!

Is there a chance you may be heading out to our part of the beautiful country?? (not for the festival, but moving?)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Calling all Culinary students ('specially oldies) by cjs ("Oh and the dungenes...)
That all depends if the job is a good fit or not. If he gets the job.....not sure I'd be into that much rain. But we're both divers and there should be some awesome diving out there.....as soon as I invest in a dry suit...LOL!! Do you sit under one a those full spectrum lights during the winter?
  Re: Re: Calling all Culinary students ('specially oldies) by Cheryl13 (That all depends if ...)
"Do you sit under one a those full spectrum lights during the winter?"

Oh no, that's why we moved to Port Angeles!! We live in what is called "the blue hole" - Sequim and P.A. are in the center of this phenomenon. We get less rain fall here than we had in nothern California!! It rains here, but we have sunshine everyday at least for part of the day. It's absolutely gorgeous up here - I could not live 'over there' Seattle/Issaquah/Everett areas.
www.achefsjourney.com