Lemon Cake Bites??
  Re: (...)
From June '05, Issue 51, page 52 - has anyone made these? I can't imagine how I missed these little goodies - they look wonderful! I'm making them today - one of my oldest friends is coming to dinner - what fun we shall have!

For brunch, I thot I'd have fruit, frozen daiquiris and Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake, Dec. '05, Issue 54, page 31.

geez , talk about loyalty to a mag....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Lemon Cake Bites?? by cjs (From June '05, Issue...)
Roxanne has made them and reviewed them here : http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...part=1&vc=1
Tammy
May I impose on you to post the Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake recipe, please?
Thank you!
OHHHH---Those bites were wonderful!!!! Hope you enjoy them as well----nice touch to a heavy type dinner----went well with my bouillabaise and etc. Also made the Grand Marnier souffles---I served with strawberries and mint instead of the raspberries---AWESOME!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Lemon Cake Bites?? by Roxanne 21 (OHHHH---Those bites ...)
Roxanne, I'm so very curious about the Grand Marnier souffle. Would you please post the recipe and explain about it somewhat. If you don't mind, post it in it's own thread so it doesn't get lost. I'm sure it's gonna be a special thing, did you invent it yourself?
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
"Dessert was those Perfect Bites --little lemon cake circles with lemon flavored whipped cream and fresh strawberries---wonderful light ending to the meal. Those I will make again as well." Roxanne's review!!

I will also make these again - what a great dessert for a big dinner!! I used blackberries, mint leaves and lemon zest for garnish.

Susan (my friend), her daughter & s-i-l, and their adopted daughter from Russia are here visiting. Lyuba (9 yrs.) helped me plate the dessert and did she ever have fun piping the lemon cream on the cake bites. She is a budding pastry chef now!

This really is a nice, light dessert!

Re frozen dacquiris (sp?) - don't know where that came from, I meant Gin Fizzes (one of Susan's and my old, old favorites!)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Lemon Cake Bites?? by farnfam (Roxanne, I'm so very...)
I will be very happy to share this recipe--will have to do this tomorrow though, crazy days here!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy