Cayenne Chocolate Truffles
  Re: (...)
Here's a little treat we brought along on our camping trip. Inspired by the movie "Chocolat" where they are said to "spark the passion". They are dead easy to make.
Ingredients:
9 ounces semisweet chocolate
3/4 cup butter
1 1/4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
6 tablespoons cream
1 1/4 cup powdered sugar (or gran. dissolve in sugar)
*Directions:
For Truffles: Melt chocolate, butter and cayenne in a bowl in the microwave. Stir well.

Remove from heat. Mix in cream and powdered sugar. Stir well. (The sugar will stick
together in small lumps if you aren't vigorous about it.) Cover, and chill overnight.
Comment: I used 1 1/2 tsp cayenne, and the heat was just right. The first time I made
these, the powdered sugar formed little chunks that wouldn't dissolve, so the next time I
used granulated sugar instead, and dissolved it in the cream before adding the cream. It
came out smooth and delicious.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Cayenne Chocolate Truffles by farnfam (Here's a little trea...)
YUM!!! I have never tried to make truffles---this looks easy enough---hmmmm---Smile
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
Very few things I like better than cayenne with chocolate!! Fun sounding truffles!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Wow, Cis, these look great! Thanks for the recipe!

Oh, and I just love that movie...Johnny Depp AND chocolate...*sigh* lol...although that combo didn't work as well in "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory".
Tammy
  Re: Re: Cayenne Chocolate Truffles by cjs (Very few things I li...)
OMIGOSH, just reread the recipe post and it doesn't say the part about after they're chilled roll into balls and coat with pwdr. sugar. Sorry, but maybe that was self evident anyway (I mean the roll into balls part not the sorry)
Cis
Empress for Life