Just amazing!!!
  Re: (...)
Hey foodies, a couple of weeks ago I bought a package of frenched lamb chops at Sams. I found the recipe I wanted to try and tonight was the night.....OMG!!! Let me tell you first off, I like lamb. I will give this a 10 out of 10!!! Roasted Rack of Lamb with Shallot Parsley Sauce and Potato Gratin. Issue 44, April 2004. If you like lamb and don't have this issue, please speak up and I will post. The potatoes are addictive, the lamb cooked a perfect medium rare...I'm telling you, I would fix again tomorrow night!!! LOL

I will fix this dish many more nights to come. Everyone cleaned their plates....and even miss "picky" had 2 lamb chops...I could have passed out! LOL

Here's a pic....I couldn't resist! LOL
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j59/Bi...C00273.jpg
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Just amazing!!! by Bizymomma (Hey foodies, a coupl...)
That looks really nice!! We love lamb too and I have made this recipe---also a 10 out of 10!!!

I will make the potato gratin again tonight to go with a pork roast---DH's request. He doesn't often ask for anything special sooo--gotta do--- great recipe!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Just amazing!!! by Bizymomma (Hey foodies, a coupl...)
gotta get home, gotta get home...

Love lamb, loved the picture!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Just amazing!!! by cjs (gotta get home, gott...)
I have a mind thing about lamb that I'm trying to get over. Your photo may be just the thing to put me over the edge into lamb eating zone. They look just perfect. What au gratin recipe did you use. The potatoes look delicious.
Calliope
  Re: Re: Just amazing!!! by Calliope (I have a mind thing ...)
One word - YUM and I've never had lamb. I would love the recipe. I bought a small rack like that at Costco just to try but never got the chance or knew what to do with it.

Now I have incentive
  Re: Re: Just amazing!!! by DFen911 (One word - YUM and I...)
I have always loved lamb, favourite meat. We had lamb filets the other night and they were so tender and tasty. A rack makes a frequent appearance on our plates.
  Re: Re: Just amazing!!! by vannin (I have always loved ...)
Oh I quite agree Dale, there is no better meat than lamb imho
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Just amazing!!! by Calliope (I have a mind thing ...)
Calliope...Issue 44 for those potatoes! They are awesome! Definitely not low fat, but well worth the calories! LOL
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: Just amazing!!! by Bizymomma (Calliope...Issue 44 ...)
Thanks so much. I should worry about the fat and calories. My biggest problem is that I don't!
Calliope