Bacon-Boursin Souffle with Spinach
  Re: (...)
This was incredibly tasty---wonderful as a side to something simple (steak or simply prepared chicken breasts).

Issue 55

I did half the recipe--only two of us--and was really fun to prepare. I served with steak and a salad--wonderful!!! I kept going back for "just another taste"---finally ran out (thank goodness) otherwise I would have to continue with my fasting!!!! Great dish!!! I give this a 10 as well----YUM!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Bacon-Boursin Souffle with Spinach by Roxanne 21 (This was incredibly ...)
Roxanne, I always seem to be the one to ask this...but would you mind posting this recipe for me, please? I sure would appreciate it! TIA
I don't remember seeing this...sure sounds like one I would enjoy! Getting anxious to get home to my magazines...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Bacon-Boursin Souffle with Spinach by dollop (Roxanne, I always se...)
Not a problem, dollop.

Bacon-Boursin Souffle with Spinach

Makes One 9"Souffle
Total time: About 1 1/4 hours

Saute; remove:
2 strips thick sliced bacon, diced
Saute in 1 T. drippings; add:
1/2 cup onions diced
Pinch red pepper flakes
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
Gradually stir in; Add:
1 1/2 cups whole or 2% milk
1 pkg. Boursin cheese (5.2 oz.)
1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1/4 cup Parmesan, grated
Salt, white pepper and ground nutmeg to taste
5 egg yolks
Reserved bacon pieces
Beat; Fold into base:
5 egg whites
1/4 t. cream of tartar

Preheat oven to 400 degrees with a rack in the lower third. Generously grease a 9"souffle dish with softened butter, coat inside with 3 T. plain bread crumbs. Freeze the dish.

Saute bacon in a saucepan over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove and drain on a paper towel lined plate. Pour off all but 1 T. drippings.

Saute onions and pepper flakes until onions are soft, 4-5 minutes, stirring often; add flour.
Gradually stir in milk, bring to a simmer, stirring often to prevent scorching. Reduce heat to low, then add Boursin, spinach, Parmesan and seasonings. Transfer to a large bowl along with the egg yolks; stir in the reserved bacon.
Beat egg whites and cream of tartar to stiff peaks in a bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed. Lighten the base with some of the whites, then carefully fold in the remaining whites.

Pour batter into the prepared dish, place the dish on a baking sheet, and bake for 30 minutes. Reduce the oven temp to 350 degrees and bake another 15-20 minutes. For the best presentation, serve souffle immediately.

DON'T OPEN OVEN IN FIRST 30 minutes--or it will fall!!!

This is a keeper-----wonderful for a brunch too--even if it deflates a bit.

Bon appetit!!!! BTW---if you have any questions regarding the instructions, please ask!!!
  Re: Re: Bacon-Boursin Souffle with Spinach by Roxanne 21 (Not a problem, dollo...)
Thank you sooo much! This looks yummy. I think I'll have to make this very soon!
Thank you so much, Roxanne.
MMM Roxanne, this looks so good, I can't wait to try it. Was this a C@H recipe? If so, please say which issue, thanks,
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Bacon-Boursin Souffle with Spinach by farnfam (MMM Roxanne, this lo...)
Yes---Issue 55 It is soooo good---can't stop with one bite!!
  Re: Re: Bacon-Boursin Souffle with Spinach by dollop (Thank you sooo much!...)
You're welcome----you will enjoy, for sure!!
  Re: Re: Bacon-Boursin Souffle with Spinach by Roxanne 21 (Yes---Issue 55 I...)
Roxanne, everyone, I made this tonite! My first ever Souffle and it rose high and was light an delicious.
Thanks for bringing to my attetion Roxanne, it was ever sooo good.
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Bacon-Boursin Souffle with Spinach by farnfam (Roxanne, everyone, ...)
Awright y'all, what category would I put this under? I don't have a category for "Sides"...Cakes-Pies-Cookies? Eggs-Dairy-Brkfst? Miscellaneous? I've never made a soufflé either Cis. Haven't the foggiest what a soufflé dish is.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy