In Need of Recipes that Freeze Well
  Re: (...)
Hi.
I'm preparing for the birth of my second child and am looking for recipes that I can make ahead and freeze.
Any suggestions??
Thanks.
  Re: In Need of Recipes that Freeze Well by alexsmom (Hi.[br]I'm preparing...)
Congratulations! I make big batches of the following and freeze them( usually during the winter months):

Shephards Pie
Chicken Pot Pie
Beef Stew
Minestrone soup
Spaghetti Sauce
Meat Loaf
Chicken Casseroles
Pasta Casseroles
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: In Need of Recipes that Freeze Well by Lorraine (Congratulations! I ...)
The meatballs that were recently posted are superb as is lasagne. I should think anything without a high dairy content would be okay--but I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination.

CONGRATULATIONS and HOPE IT'S EASY!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: In Need of Recipes that Freeze Well by Lorraine (Congratulations! I ...)
I forgot meatballs. And Quiches. Do you have a slow cooker?
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
We make Bolognese sauce and thaw as needed. Very convenient.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
Congratulations!

My mom made this casserole from a book of meals you can freeze. It's not fancy but we loved it.

Chicken Broccoli Casserole

10 oz. package frozen chopped broccoli
4 cups cooked, cubed, chicken
2 10-3/4 oz cans cream of chicken soup (undiluted)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 tsp curry powder
3 Tablespoons lemon juice
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Cook broccoli slightly in boiling water and spread it on bottom of greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Stir together chicken, soup, mayonnaise, curry powder, lemon juice and a half cup of parmesan cheese; spread on top of broccoli. Top with remaining Parmesan cheese. Freeze or bake covered for 40 minutes at 350*. Uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes.

Rotisserie chicken works well here. My mom served these with those cornbread twists that come out of a can. lol..I loved them. I think I would serve it with cornbread these days. Oh, and we always double the recipe since it seems to go really fast.
Tammy
  Re: Re: In Need of Recipes that Freeze Well by Old Bay (We make Bolognese sa...)
Lots of experience here!
Lasagna - regular and chicken (a kid favorite)
Tatertot casserole (another kid favorite)
spaghetti sauce
roasted tomato sauce
jumbalya
meatballs (the ones Roxanne mentioned - YUM)
Enchiladas chicken and beef
Taco Soup/Chili
meatloaf - freeze small ones cooked in a muffin pan - kid favorite

We also do dump recipes (when buying fresh beef,chicken or pork make up your favorite marinade put in a ziplock with the meat and freeze. Defrost overnight in refrigerator and it marinates as it thaws.)

I even split up the recipe for C@H's Indian Stuffed Chicken breast and freeze those in their marinade. Even though it is yogurt based it works fine. Make the curry beurre blanc fresh.

If you need any of the recipes just let me know.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
I forgot to mention that I grill 5 or 6 chicken breasts (bone in) and freeze individually. Wonderful for a chicken salad or as a main course, sandwich--name it!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: In Need of Recipes that Freeze Well by Lorraine (I forgot meatballs. ...)
Lorraine,

When you freeze your stew do you add the potatoes and freeze or add the potatoes when re-heating? I am curious because I have read that potatoes get grainy when frozen and should be added in after.

I also have two sisters whose freezers I'd like to stock a bit before they have their babies!
Meg
[url] www.meglucas.com [url]
  Re: Re: In Need of Recipes that Freeze Well by mlucas1 (Lorraine,[br][br]Whe...)
Gumbo
Potato Soup
Chicken Spaghetti
Roast beef cooked,sliced and frozen in gravy for sandwiches or the main course
Chicken Divan
Meatloaf-can freeze before cooking
Stuffed bell peppers
Chicken cacciatore
Smoked or grilled meats like pork ribs or chops. When I BBQ ribs, I usually put on extra rack, which I freeze.
Spinach madeline
Squash casserole
Calliope