Beet Freaks
  Re: (...)
Billy, I just had to tell you that my kids are now beet freaks thanks to your pickled beets. I can't believe it. They were a little iffy on the whole beet thing the first time I made them...but they tried them and liked them just ok at first. I guess they acquired a taste for them because they inhale them every time I make them...then when the beets are gone (and it doesn't take long!), they beg me to make more. Just thought you'd like to know what you started over here...
Tammy
  Re: Beet Freaks by TwilightKitten (Billy, I just had to...)
Tammy, I am delighted to hear that. When we made them, we made lots and lots and lots of them. I've still got a whole bunch in the pantry.

Say, would you like a recipe for a Beet Cake? It's from the same lady that created the White Pepper and Ginger Lemon cake recipe I posted some time ago.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Beet Freaks by bjcotton (Tammy, I am delighte...)
I would love that recipe....thank you! Oh, and you say you have a lot in the pantry? Did you pressure can them? Do you have to? Thanks again!
Tammy
  Re: Re: Beet Freaks by TwilightKitten (I would love that re...)
We processed them in a water bath for 15 minutes, but you could pressure can them.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Beet Freaks by bjcotton (We processed them in...)
I remember my Grandmother pressure canning beets every year to store for our winter staples---they were the BEST!! MY, my--haven't thought about that in years. They were on the shelf beside the canned (pressured) corn and green beans. We also canned baby crab apples every year---what an awesome treat in winter!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Beet Freaks by Roxanne 21 (I remember my Grandm...)
I love pickled beets, and try to make them every year. Actually, I just love beets. I saw a recipe yesterday for a potato salad with pickled beets and eggs in it. If it turns out tasty, I'll post the recipe.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.