New menu??
  Re: (...)
I've been looking through my back issues, seeing if anything catches my eye for a dinner critique. I've already picked a menu..or two..LOL, so these are just some things that sound good:

Sun-dried tomato crusted chicken w/ feta couscous
April 04, Iss. 44
Romesco chicken w/ zucchini linguine
Aug. 04, Iss. 46
Argentine stuffed flank steak w/ bravas potatoes
April 05, Iss. 50
Greens and chops w/ parmesan pasta
April 05, Iss. 50

anybody, anybody???????
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: New menu?? by Bizymomma (I've been looking th...)
Greens and Chops with Parmesan Pasta..sounds good to me, or the Argentine Stuffed Flank Steak. I don't know if Fredia & the 800 lb gorilla would eat the first two, but I can always fix it at someone elses house The 800 pounder won't eat feta or couscous and neither will eat zucchini.

But, I know friends that would try any of them, so y'all decide.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: New menu?? by bjcotton (Greens and Chops wit...)
Mr. bjcotton, I feel sorry for you knowing so many objections stand in your way when planning a menu! You deserve a chocolate and champagne!!
Gosh Ang, I'm leaning toward Sundried Tomato Crusted Chicken with Feta Couscous OR the Romesco Chicken with Zucchini Linguine (say that 3x very fast )
Sorry they're the two the work least for you BJ, but you did say you have friends who'd enjoy them right?
Anyway, those two sound best to me, but I wouldn't sit it out if the others are chosen (no pouting here)
What say we let this one be due more toward the mid of Aug?
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: New menu?? by farnfam (Gosh Ang, I'm leanin...)
That would be fine with me...
The girls and I are headed for a weekend in Dallas. So it might be better to spread it out a bit..eh?
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: New menu?? by dollop (Mr. bjcotton, I feel...)
Any of the above is fine with me. I have made the Argentine stuffed flank steak before---AWESOME!!! The potatoes were a great side to that menu. It is definitely on my "to make again" list. Whatever the decision--I'll be there if able--just let us know and the date for the critique. IMHO---the steak is great but you may want to wait until it cools down a bit there--more a fall/winter type menu---just a thought.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
Sun-dried tomato crusted chicken w/ feta couscous
April 04, Iss. 44

oh my, everything I love! ...and I just happened to bring a jar of sun-dried tomatoes with! But, I chose the last one, so you all chose this time.

Please, if you'll post whatever recipes are chosen - we're on the road and I don't have my c@h with us...thank you.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New menu?? by cjs (Sun-dried tomato cru...)
I'm leaning towards Romesco chicken w/ zucchini linguine.
  Re: Re: New menu?? by cjs (Sun-dried tomato cru...)
ooops! I forgot the gold mine of recipes available to me on the Members Plus (doesn't that sound like size 16 and above????? )so I don't need the recipes posted.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com