Fragrant Spicy Shrimp
  Re: (...)
I posted this in the MembersPlus site and thought you might like to try this too. I got it from the same place I buy my citrus trees.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Fragrant Spicy Prawns

Recipe By :Melinda Tai
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : A List Fish-Shellfish-Seafood

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 pound big prawns
(A)
1/2 cup onion (chopped)
1/4 cup dried chilies (soaked)
4 whole Kaffir lime leaves -- (4 to 6)
2 pieces turmeric root or 1 tsp turmeric powder -- (2 to 3)
1 inch ginger
10 cloves garlic
1/4 cup cashew nuts
3 lemon grass -- (3 to 4)

1/4 cup oil
1 cup coconut milk
juice of 1 lemon
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups cooked rice -- (2 to 3)

Slice all ingredients in (A) and blend until fine. Slit prawns in the middle with shell intact and remove black vein. Season with some salt and set aside.

Heat some oil and fry the spice in group A in the oil until fragrant over medium heat. Add some of the coconut milk, salt and pepper to taste. Turn heat up a little, add prawns and add more coconut milk if you want more sauce. Squeeze lemon juice in before removing from stove. Serve with slivered, fresh young kaffir leaves on top over rice.

Ladle into warmed soup bowls and garnish each serving with a little of the parsley.

Source:
"Four Winds Growers"
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Fragrant Spicy Shrimp by bjcotton (I posted this in the...)
Billy, you might have mentioned this before but what kinds of citrus trees do you have? Are they grown outdoors or indoors? Did you buy them online or locally? Too many questions?
Tammy
  Re: Re: Fragrant Spicy Shrimp by TwilightKitten (Billy, you might hav...)
That looks really yummy BJ, copied, and thank you.
  Re: Re: Fragrant Spicy Shrimp by TwilightKitten (Billy, you might hav...)
Tammy, I have Meyer's Lemon and Persian (Bearss) Lime trees. They are planted in 2 cubic feet planters. They are outside. I have a small greenhouse for them in the winter. Last year I didn't know how to manage my greenhouse and baked my Meyer's lemon tree to death. I know better this year.

Dale, wouldn't you know that the only one in this house that likes shrimp [other than breaded and deepfried] is the 800 pound gorilla. I seldom make any shrimp other than the deepfried.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Fragrant Spicy Shrimp by bjcotton (I posted this in the...)
Don't know how I missed this sounds really good and I LOVE shrimp, and I planned on having something with shrimp this weekend. thanks