Corn on the Cob
  Re: (...)
Well I'm sitting quietly in my office minding my own business. A friend of ours comes in and asks if I want some fresh picked corn. I wind up, through no fault of my own, with 1/2 a box!! I didn't want to, but he told me he just takes the corn and chucks it into the freezer (straight from the box!) then straight from the freezer to the microwave for 7 to 10 mins an ear.

We've of course been on a corn binge this week, cooking it in the microwave -- husk, silk and all for about 7 mins an ear. OMG! It is the cornyest tasting corn I've ever eaten. We thought maybe because the first time was the same day the corn was picked, but not 4 days later it was just as good. Now I'm curious about the frozen stuff - and hoping he comes by with another 1/2 a box!!!!! Has anyone tried freezing corn like this????

Last night we mixed parm., aleppo pepper flakes, S & P into butter and smeared the corn with it. It was so good, I may just grab some for breakfast!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Corn on the Cob by Harborwitch (Well I'm sitting qui...)
You rotten person Sharon, I have to slice it from the cob before I can eat it. Dentures just aren't [mine anyway] made for eating corn-on-the-cob.

Want some zucchini? Got lots!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Corn on the Cob by bjcotton (You rotten person Sh...)
Only if you can just chuck 'em in the freezer. Isn't just perfect? I finally have weekends off with Bob and we could go pick stone fruits, berries, etc. and can and freeze and I've got no durn room to do it or store it!
  Re: Re: Corn on the Cob by Harborwitch (Only if you can just...)
This sounds great Sharon. James' family grows corn and sells it at a corner stand. There's always lots, they feed the deer, we used to feed our sheep. BUT NOW we have this wonderful new method to try!!!!!
Thanks
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Corn on the Cob by farnfam (This sounds great Sh...)
I love corn on the cob. I love it severely!!!
  Re: Re: Corn on the Cob by vannin (I love corn on the c...)
I severely love it cooked this way! It was always something I liked, but never quite this much!!!!!!