Ice Cream Pretzel Pie
  Re: (...)
I've been asked to post the following absolutely decadent, so bad for you, but so good to eat dessert on another forum...and I thot maybe some 'over here' would also enjoy it. It's a dessert I used to make in the early 90s and I can't find the 'pretzel pockets' anymore (well, I don't think I can, really haven't looked ), so I've done a little adapting. This is so good in the summer!!

ICE CREAM PRETZEL PIE

Crust:
10 ½ oz. pocket pretzels (after these weren’t available, I switched to pretzel discs + ¼ cup peanut butter & I’ve not seen the pretzel discs for years, so I guess now I would just use any pretzels + the ¼ cup peanut butter), crushed
½ stick butter, melted
6 T. sugar
Ice Cream layers:
1 qt. chocolate ice cream, softened
1 cup hot fudge topping, divided
1 qt. Butter Pecan ice cream, softened

Crush the pretzels and combine with the peanut butter, melted butter & the sugar. Pat all but ¾ cup of this mixture into a lightly greased 9” springform pan and up about 1” of the sides.

Bake for 10 min. in a 350F oven. Let cool completely.

The layers:
Spread the chocolate ice cream over the crust, sprinkle with ½ of the remaining pretzel mixture. Drizzle ½ cup of the fudge topping over the pretzel mix.

Put in freezer for a little while if the ice cream is melting too fast.

Spread a layer of Butter Pecan Ice Cream, the remaining pretzel mix and drizzle remaining fudge topping. Cover with foil or plastic wrap and put in freezer until ready to serve. Remove from freezer approx. 15 min. before ready to serve. Remove sides and cut in slices.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Ice Cream Pretzel Pie by cjs (I've been asked to p...)
OH MY!!! Thanx, Jean---printed ANOTHER ONE!!!!

Anyone have an EXTRA EXTRA LARGE (like gigantic!!!) wheelbarrow???
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Ice Cream Pretzel Pie by Roxanne 21 (OH MY!!! Thanx, Jea...)
Are pretzel pockets really pretzels filled with peanut butter? We purchase those at Trader Joe's, and I'm wondering if they would work in the recipe?
  Re: Re: Ice Cream Pretzel Pie by Roxanne 21 (OH MY!!! Thanx, Jea...)
Can I borrow your wheel barrow Roxanne? I need it to haul my fat behind around after I eat all these things
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Ice Cream Pretzel Pie by quesera523 (Are pretzel pockets ...)
yes, that's exactly what I originally used - T.J.'s still carry them???? Whoopee!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Ice Cream Pretzel Pie by quesera523 (Are pretzel pockets ...)
And a HUGE welcome to you quesera523----hope you enjoy our family!!!

Re: Re: Ice Cream Pretzel Pie by bjcotton (Can I borrow your wh...)
Of course!!!! I love to share---but I need help with the MAJOR expense first---ya know, the "custom made" Job!!?!!

Will let ya know when it's CONSTRUCTED!!!!
  Re: Ice Cream Pretzel Pie by cjs (I've been asked to p...)
I just finished putting this together and can't wait for dessert tonight.

I'm sure the salty/sweet combination will be wonderful!! Thank you for the posting!!
  Re: Re: Ice Cream Pretzel Pie by dollop (I just finished putt...)
I'll have to get on the treadmill just thinking of you having this dessert - hope you enjoy!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Ice Cream Pretzel Pie by cjs (I'll have to get on ...)
Quote:

I'll have to get on the treadmill just thinking of you having this dessert - hope you enjoy!

I think I'm the one who will have to "get it in gear!!" I'm sure we will love it.