Smoked Brisket Leftovers?????
  Re: (...)
There's only the two of us - what's everyone doing with the leftovers???

I just took Hash out of the oven from the l/os and it's tasting just wonderful!! I haven't made hash for years.

about 2 cups of each - diced brisket and potato, 1/2 an onion, diced.

I thined the meat juices, about 1/2 & 1/2 with water to cut down the heat a little and used about 1 to 1 1/2 cups over the mixture. Baked at 350F for 1 1/2 hours.

I'm planning our next trailer trip, so this will be split in half, pouched and frozen to take with us - 1 dinner and 1 breakfast with eggs on top!!! Yum.

What are the rest of you doing with the l/os?? or did you have enuf people to eat it all??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Smoked Brisket Leftovers????? by cjs (There's only the two...)
I like to shread the meat, mix with a little purchased BBQ sauce and make sandwiches. For sauces I like Stubbs or Cattlemens. Put the meat mixture between two pieces of bread and put a big ol slice of onion and some sliced dill pickles in there too.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Smoked Brisket Leftovers????? by Old Bay (I like to shread the...)
How about chili? Sounds like it's already got a lot of the flavors.
  Re: Re: Smoked Brisket Leftovers????? by DFen911 (How about chili? Sou...)
Uh, I had meatloaf Jean. Strange family, but that's what they wanted, along with milk gravy, baked potatoes and chopped romaine salad...no tomatoes or anything, just chopped romaine. Made for an easy meal.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Smoked Brisket Leftovers????? by bjcotton (Uh, I had meatloaf J...)
You made meatloaf with the leftover brisket?? How did you do that? Are you on the same page here, BillyJ??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com