Grilled Chicken with............
  Re: (...)
Here is my new(?) dish for today. It's Grilled Chicken on Pasta with Creamed Spinach and Smoked Gruyere sauce.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/b...cken-1.jpg
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Grilled Chicken with............ by bjcotton (Here is my new(?) di...)
Who said you couldn't grill, BillyJ??? Looks yummy!

Speaking of spinach, have you tried C@H's Creamy Orzo with Sauteed Spinach (Issue 58) - tried it last week and just bot some more spinach to make again. The combination of flavors is just great. (well, it helped that I had some flavored orzo, but will try it again with plain.)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Grilled Chicken with............ by cjs (Who said you couldn'...)
The only problem there Jean is I grilled it using my panini grill No, I haven't tried that. As a matter of fact, I have never had any orzo. Guess I'll have to try it.

Billy
  Re: Re: Grilled Chicken with............ by bjcotton (The only problem the...)
Now that's just cheating....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Grilled Chicken with............ by cjs (Now that's just chea...)
Works though

Billy
  Re: Re: Grilled Chicken with............ by bjcotton (Works though [img]/u...)
I have seen US spinach, same as here. I seldom use it. But do you US'ers know what silver beet is? I love silverbeat, and it more commonly available than spinach here. Either can be subbed for the other. And it is heartbreakingly easy to grow. My kids had their own plants and picked as they wanted for their dinner. I like silverbeet chopped, wilted well, with a stir of sourcream and just a wisp of nutmeg. I don't like old, or 'mature' leaves unless for a stock. Billy, can you do your picture thing so we can see the difference?
  Re: Re: Grilled Chicken with............ by vannin (I have seen US spina...)
OK, this first picture is spinach.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/b...pinach.jpg

This second one is silverbeet.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/b...lbeet1.jpg

Is that what you wanted me to do Dale? Piece of cake

Billy
  Re: Re: Grilled Chicken with............ by bjcotton (OK, this first pictu...)
Yes Billy it IS what I wanted you to do. And the pics are exactly right. Do you use silverbeet there? It tastes earthy and green. I really like it. And the tender leaves make such pretty little wraps.
  Re: Re: Grilled Chicken with............ by vannin (Yes Billy it IS what...)
OOoohh, I got so enthusiatic I forgot to say thank you.
  Re: Re: Grilled Chicken with............ by vannin (OOoohh, I got so ent...)
I have never seen nor heard of silverbeet until you mentioned it. Maybe we can have some while I'm there.

And, you're welcome.

Billy