Dinner Menu for June 26th !?
  Re: (...)
Where is everyone?? Did I give a dinner party and no one came??? Anyway, here's my critique of the Mushroom Pork Marsala and Buttered Fettuccine-

We liked it very much - I cut really back on the 6 T. of butter to finish off the sauce and I had to toss a few capers over all at the finish...

Overall, I guess I'd give the dinner an 8.

Is everyone too busy in the summer for us to do this?? What do you think?

If I'm alone in this... for the dinner menu for July 3rd review, I'm doing the Cordon Bleu Chicken with Almond Couscous from the Weeknight Menus book. And, I'm thinking madmax, if no one else, will make this next week also...right, Tracie???
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner Menu for June 26th !? by cjs (Where is everyone?? ...)
I made it too! I forgot to post...oops! We really liked this too...I also cut back on the butter, all of it...by accident. It was still yummy. The fettucine was ok, but I wish I had used fresh. It was a bit too al dente for me, even though I let it cook longer than the box said. Oh, well...next time...

Oh, and capers sound yummy! I'll try that next time too.
Tammy
  Re: Re: Dinner Menu for June 26th !? by TwilightKitten (I made it too! I for...)
I had the pork chops cut about twice as thick ~12 oz each and brined them. Oh yum, tender and juicy. I also went a little lighter on the butter; the spinach was excellent and the tomato concasse was yummy. I doubled the tomato recipe, cut the red pepper flakes by 2/3's for my sis, but it was still excellent. I'd give it an 8 to 9.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
I'm there (raising handSmile,I'll ask my menu planner but I'm sure she'll fit it in ;p(ha-ha).
Sorry I didn't post this sooner--thought I was all by my lonesone on this one--shoulda known betta!!

Anyway, I made this for my lonesome---tired of the salads etc. Thanks, Billy for the suggestion.

I AM NOW AN OFFICIAL MEMBER of the BRINING CLUB!! WOW_---did make a big difference--juicy and tender with just a tiny hint of the sugars--no salt needed for the final dish--we are not big on sodium. The recipe was easy and believe it or not was done in less than hour--all inclusive!!!

I love mushrooms and used a combination of those tiny buttons as well as some oysters--YUM!! in that sauce. I also cut back on the butter emulsion in the sauce--perfect.

Instead of the spinach I made a new item --we just had this show up on our shelves here--imported BROCCOLINI!! YES--Smile Just blanched and added a little lemon pepper with a tad of butter---I'm in heaven. Now--just because this is something that I really like I probably won't see it again

I also made the buttered fettucine---I'm a pasta fan, any pasta dish is great for me soooo can't really be objective but I did find it tasty.

I would give it an 8--will make for DH when he returns--he will love this menu!!!

I'M in for next dinner party as well--but will delay by a few days until DH will be home to share --- and give me a little extra inspiration!!!

I think we should continue with these parties---IMHO>>>
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Dinner Menu for June 26th !? by Roxanne 21 (Sorry I didn't post ...)
"I think we should continue with these parties---"

Oh good...me too! I guess those that can join us will - those who can't...will drool over our critiques, eh?

And brining is a wonderful thing!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner Menu for June 26th !? by cjs ("I think we should c...)
Are you always up sooooo early in the morning??? I wouldn't want to miss any of those glorious days either!!

Re: Re: Dinner Menu for June 26th !? by Roxanne 21 (Are you always up so...)
Roxanne, where we had a 102°F/38.9°C temps yesterday, the newspaper said Jean had a 73°F/22.8°C temp. Her temp was just perfect for me..maybe I'll just have to move in
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Dinner Menu for June 26th !? by bjcotton (Roxanne, where we ha...)
OREGON---102 degrees---WHOA!!! We have never reached those temps here---in AFRICA!!! Well---southern coast--that is!! UGH for y'all---
  Re: Re: Dinner Menu for June 26th !? by bjcotton (Roxanne, where we ha...)
Don't believe everything you read in the papers, Billy!! We're having a mini-heat wave - 90F here yesterday!! Little cooler today.

Yes Roxanne, I'm always up at 4 a.m. - holdover from when the kids were all home and that was the only quiet time!!!
www.achefsjourney.com