Loin Chop and Potato Casserole
  Re: (...)
Here is one of my family's favorite casseroles. My BIL, the 800 lb gorilla, will be home today and it was what he wanted.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Loin Chop and Potato Casserole

Recipe By :Bill Cotton
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:20
Categories : Pork-Ham

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
6 large *loin chops (cheapest boneless cut)
oil -- for frying
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1 soup can milk
3 large russet potatoes -- peeled and sliced
1 large onion -- chopped
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 350F.

*Trim excess fat. Cutting chops from the pork loin is fairly inexpensive.

In a large skillet saute the onions in oil until translucent. Remove with a slotted spoon to a large saucepan. In the remaiining oil (add more if needed) brown the chops on both sides. When browned lay the chops in the bottom of an 10 1/2- X 14 1/2-inch casserole dish.

Add the soups and milk to onions and heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally. When warm, pour about half of the soup mixture over the browned chops. Layer the potatoes on top of the chops/soup, overlapping edges about 1/3 of the width of the potato slices. When finished, pour the remaining soup mixture over the potatoes. Cover with foil; If desired you may layer crushed potato chips over the top of the casserole. Bake for approximately 90-120 minutes (depending on the thickness of the chops). Remove foil and check for doneness with a fork. Return to oven for about 15 minutes to brown the top.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Loin Chop and Potato Casserole by bjcotton (Here is one of my fa...)
Thank you Billy, I have never seen cheddar soup here, but I daresay some grated in cream would do as well. Perhaps. Dare I mention that would go well with lamb chops as well, I love them made to noisettes, small and sweet, or a dear little loin, sliced perhaps in half across, kind of 'sausaged' into the dish. But I promise not to give it to you Billy. In point of fact it would be rather fine with a jolly good sausie anyway.