Chicken Parmesan Roulades
  Re: (...)
Chicken Parmesan Roulades with fresh tomato sauce and Caesar Salad. Makes 8 roulades; total time: about 1 1/4 hours.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Chicken Parmesan Roulades

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : A List Poultry

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
For the Roulades
Halve; Prepare and Roll with
4 6 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
salt and freshly ground black pepper
8 ounces fresh mozzarella -- cut in eight 2" long pieces
Combine; Dredge and Brown in
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 large egg -- beaten
1/2 cup olive oil
For the Sauce -- Saute in
2 tablespoons olive oil -- ADD
1 cup onions -- chopped
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
3 cups cherry tomatoes, pulsed in food processor
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
salt -- to taste
Serve with Caesar Salad, makes 10 cups
Mash together
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic -- minced
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Whisk in
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese -- grated
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 teaspoon anchovy paste
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
Toss with
10 cups romaine lettuce -- chopped

Trim off and discard 1 inch of the tail end of the breast--it's too narrow to pound out. With the knife blade parallel to the cutting board, horizontally slice each breast in half lengthwise. Season, and roll each with a piece of mozzarella inside. If the cheese pieces are too big, the chicken won't enclose it properly.

Preheat oven to 400°F; coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray and set a cooling rack on top. Put the baking sheet in the oven.

Combine panko and parsley. Dredge roulades in flour, then dip into egg and coat with crumbs. Dredging the roulades in flour and dipping in egg help the crumbs stick. The minced parsley adds a little flavor and color. Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium-high; add roulades and brown on all sides, 4-5 minutes. Remove roulades from the pan, transfer to the baking sheet in the oven, and roast 10 minutes. Pour off all but 2 Tbs oil in the pan and return the skillet to medium-high heat.

Sauté onions and pepper flakes for the sauce until onions are soft, 2-3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and cook until slightly thickened, 8-10 minutes; season with basil and salt.

To serve, place roulade on top of Caesar salad, spoon tomatoe sauce on top, and sprinkle with Parmesan.

Caesar Salad: Mash garlic and salt together with the flat side of a knife blade until it forms a paste. The coarse grains of kosher salt help break the garlic down to a paste. Be sure to work on a stady cutting board. Whisk remaining ingredients together with the garlic paste until combined. Toss the romain with the dressing just before serving.

Source:
"CuisineAtHome, Jun '06"
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Chicken Parmesan Roulades by bjcotton (Chicken Parmesan Rou...)
Thanks Billy, I can't wait to try them. Still haven't got my June issue. It's my own fault really, I let it run out thinking I'd concentrate on the back issues. But then temptation had victory over me(not that I minded tho').
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Chicken Parmesan Roulades by farnfam (Thanks Billy, I can'...)
I can resist anything but temptation. Oscar Wilde.
  Re: Chicken Parmesan Roulades by bjcotton (Chicken Parmesan Rou...)
I'm just curious: have you tried this recipe, and how did it turn out?
  Re: Re: Chicken Parmesan Roulades by carloscooks (I'm just curious: ha...)
carlos, hi and welcome. Marina tried it and said it was wonderful in another post. I think Bill tried the Pork and loved it too.
Cynthia
No wait, Marina did the pork and loved it. Bill did a chicken with tomato sauce, so maybe no one has done the chiken roulades. I should just shut up (sorry, it's cuz I was raised by wolves
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Chicken Parmesan Roulades by farnfam (carlos, hi and welco...)
Welcome to CAH Carlos. No, I haven't tried any of the recipes from the June issue YET. But I'm going to. I've already planned out the meals for the coming week (subject to change of course), so these will have to wait until next week.

Cynthia is easy to cook for...she like the meat dishes raw 'cause she was raised by wolves

Billy
  Re: Re: Chicken Parmesan Roulades by bjcotton (Welcome to CAH Carlo...)
Man, all these posted today sound so good!!! (I'm getting anxious to get back to my 'big' kitchen...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Chicken Parmesan Roulades by bjcotton (Welcome to CAH Carlo...)
Oh no Billy, it was a pack with finely honed, discriminating tastes ...... for wolves.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Chicken Parmesan Roulades by farnfam (Oh no Billy, it was ...)
Thanks, Billy! I have all the ingredients for the chicken.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Chicken Parmesan Roulades by Lorraine (Thanks, Billy! I ha...)
Are you going to make them tonight Lorraine? Huh? Huh? Are you?

Billy