REV - Italian Sub on Cover
  Re: (...)
Ok I made these subs tonight. WOW! What a wonderful combination of flavors. I was a bit concerned when I opened the package of the creamy gorgonzola cheese and about passed out from the smell. But once you get passed that the flavor is very rich.

I also did not have, or could find, the jar of roasted peppers. So I grabbed 2 red bell peppers and roasted them myself.

The biggest surprise was the watercress. Very subtle in flavor but the sandwiches would have been missing something without it.

2 thumbs up from me. And my daughter, husband and father in law who all enjoyed them.
  Re: REV - Italian Sub on Cover by DFen911 (Ok I made these subs...)
Welcome to the forum, and thanks for the great review! Hope you decide to stick around!
Tammy
  Re: REV - Italian Sub on Cover by DFen911 (Ok I made these subs...)
Welcome!!

Next trip I'm bringing all my c@h mags. - this is really awful not knowing what you guys are talking about. It's going to take a week when i get home to go back thru all the posts and match recipes to magazines...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: REV - Italian Sub on Cover by cjs (Welcome!![br][br]Nex...)
It's from the new issue that I STILL haven't gotten yet. Yes, I will whine until I get it.
Tammy
  Re: Re: REV - Italian Sub on Cover by TwilightKitten (It's from the new is...)
Well my dear, other than the almost raw meat, the sandwich looks delectable. Just something to tease you a little more.

[Image: ItalianStkSandy.jpg]
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: REV - Italian Sub on Cover by bjcotton (Well my dear, other ...)
Made these tonite and they were GREAT!!! The gorganzola, red pepper mayo is wonderful. We just loved them 10YUMS!
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: REV - Italian Sub on Cover by farnfam (Made these tonite an...)
O.K. on the dinner menu they go...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: REV - Italian Sub on Cover by cjs (O.K. on the dinner m...)
Oh, how I love all you good people.