Sunbeam Stand Mixer???
  Re: (...)
Does anyone have a Sunbeam Stand mixer?

I have a Kitchenaid and I love it. I received news last night that I'm going to be responsible for chipping in on a stand mixer. My budget and I say that it WON'T be a Kitchenaid.

Any feedback good or bad on the Sunbeam? Any suggestions on an alternative?
  Re: Sunbeam Stand Mixer??? by rhetta1 (Does anyone have a S...)
If you don't get your answar here try this site.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f84/
My Mother had the same one for about 50 years, and used it almost every day. My brother picked up a second hand one about 15 years ago, and it's still going strong.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Sunbeam Stand Mixer??? by Lorraine (My Mother had the sa...)
I used to have a Sunbeam Mixmaster. It was a good mixer until my BIL tried to make Seafoam candy and burned it up. It doesn't have the power a KA has, but it's still a good mixer.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Sunbeam Stand Mixer??? by bjcotton (I used to have a Sun...)
My mother has one, for 50 years also. And I have one. I find it very good. I didn't really think of buying another brand.
We got my mom one at Christmas one year, you had to turn the bowl yourself as the beaters ran. It wouldn't turn the bowl. We sent it to get fixed and it came back doing the same thing. On the yard sale it went!!!! Then we got Mom a Kitchen Aid, which we should have gotten from the getgo!!!!
  Re: Re: Sunbeam Stand Mixer??? by Barbrainnc (We got my mom one at...)
So the bowl is supposed to move, and yours never did? Hmm...I guess that I'm just used to the KA.
  Re: Re: Sunbeam Stand Mixer??? by rhetta1 (So the bowl is suppo...)
If I remember correctly, the turntable the bowl sits on is free-wheeling and the beaters (one of them) has a silicone ring on the base that causes the bowl to turn. They used to anyway. The turntable wasn't gear or belt driven.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Sunbeam Stand Mixer??? by bjcotton (If I remember correc...)
That is what my one does Billy, and my mothers, turns by itself.
  Re: Re: Sunbeam Stand Mixer??? by vannin (That is what my one ...)
My Mother's turned by itself, also. She never used it for bread doughs etc, but I tell you that thing was like the energizer bunny.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.