:cool: Cuisine - Weeknight Menus
  Re: (...)
I just got my copy in the mail today. YAWZA!!!! This is the kind of magazine I love. All main courses and sides that can be prepared in less than 60 minutes. They sound wonderful, and not just for weeknights. A few examples:

Chicken Bistro Cakes with Tomato Concasse
Ratatouiile Chicken Thighs with soft Polenta ( summer veggies are coming)
Breaded Pork Chops with Bacon Dressing Slaw
Asian Pork Salad with Half Moon Salad
Bacon Cider Pork with Sweet Potatoes
Prosciutto wrapped Halibut with Pineapple Salsa

And the one I'm going to try first:
Empanadas con cueso with Jicama Salad!!!!!

The back of the book has lots of sides and salad that look wonderful. I think I buy a few more to give as Christmas gifts. Can You tell I like it?????
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: :cool: Cuisine - Weeknight Menus by Lorraine (I just got my copy i...)
Oh groan, please don't do this to me. Or I shall have to crumble and order it. It will take 3 months to get here, the upside,I suppose, it will put us more in kilter with your seasons.
  Re: Re: :cool: Cuisine - Weeknight Menus by vannin (Oh groan, please don...)
OOH Gosh, she caves AGAIN!!! Yes, I'm ordering it right now, as we speak. Who'da thought such a wimp I'd be?
Cynthia
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: :cool: Cuisine - Weeknight Menus by farnfam (OOH Gosh, she caves ...)
hahahahahaha, Cis m'love. That isn't wimp, that is sound thinking, I do believe. I will do so too, but first we have to have an argument, deep sighing all round, face turning, pursed lips, tears trickling silently, collapsing in the hall, wailing to friends on the 'phone. Well... you know. And then I will give in and let him order it for me.
  Re: Re: :cool: Cuisine - Weeknight Menus by farnfam (OOH Gosh, she caves ...)
lorraine!! Is this a magazine or a special book???? Those sound wonderful!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: :cool: Cuisine - Weeknight Menus by cjs (lorraine!! Is this a...)
It's a new C@H magazine called, "Weeknight Menus" I do believe. Go to the bottom of the page, right hand side and it says, "Cuisine At Home". Click on it and it'll take you to where you can subscribe
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: :cool: Cuisine - Weeknight Menus by cjs (lorraine!! Is this a...)
Yup, it's a magazine. There's an Asian pork sandwhich that sounds great. ( That'll get Jean!!!) I'm thinking we could use this as a dinner thingy. It's literally chock full of great recipes. And no, I'm not getting a cut on advertising.Smile LOts of nice fish and seafood also.

Remember that song from years ago...anyone who did aerobics..I'm so Excited....that's what I want to sing.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: :cool: Cuisine - Weeknight Menus by Lorraine (Yup, it's a magazine...)
I'll have to subscribe later, when I get home. Darn you Lorraine!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: :cool: Cuisine - Weeknight Menus by Lorraine (I just got my copy i...)
I got mine today too! I am really excited! As soon as the kids are in bed, I am sitting down with a glass of wine and drool over it!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.