Yeast Breads--->Good Buns
  Re: (...)
Here's a recipe that my youngest sis' MIL gave her. I've been making these for years, but only on occasion since it takes all day. This is a doubled recipe, I have never seen it in it's single form.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Good Buns

Recipe By :Marilee
Serving Size : 36 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Breads-Biscuits-Rolls

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
5 cups hot water (110F)
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons salt
6 packages yeast
3 cups flour
2 large eggs -- beaten
2 cups oil
10 cups flour
4 cups flour

Mix hot water, sugar, salt and yeast. Let proof. Add 3 cups flour, mixing well; add 2 beaten eggs, mixing well. Add oil, mixing well. Keep adding flour until you have a total of 10 cups and can no longer stir with a mixing spoon; turn the dough onto a well floured surface; knead well adding 2 to 4 cups more. Grease 2 very large mixing bowls and place the dough into them; cover with a damp towel and place in a warm area. Let rise for approximately 1 hour or until doubled in size; punch down and allow to rise again.
Shape buns and let rise for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.

Heat oven to 400F.

Cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and coat the top with butter.

Makes approximately 6 to 8 dozen.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Yeast Breads--->Good Buns by bjcotton (Here's a recipe that...)
Printed Billy, they look really good. Time doesn't matter much if one is diddling round in the kitchen anyway. Thank you very much.
  Re: Re: Yeast Breads--->Good Buns by vannin (Printed Billy, they ...)
These are light and tasty dinner rolls Dale. I usually make at least two loaves of bread and use the rest for rolls. This makes A LOT OF ROLLS, so have lots of butter handy
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Yeast Breads--->Good Buns by bjcotton (These are light and ...)
Lol Billy, I eat butter diligently in an effort to get my weight up. Those rolls sound so good. Thank you again. And the loaves. When you get here I expect you will find a fat rolling little piggie, trying to find her feet.