Has anyone ordered the Complete Library ?
  Re: (...)
All issues from the first edition.
  Re: Has anyone ordered the Complete Library ? by Barbrainnc (All issues from the ...)
Once I received the first three issues of CAH--later ones---I immediately ordered the ENTIRE library and have not regretted my decision. There is an incredible amount of information available and even though I am not a fan of some of the recipes, the ones I have made are well woth the purchase. There are very few that I won't try and for the ones I'm a little reluctant to attempt--I do make notes and changes here and there will make them more to our liking.

You will NOT be sorry with your purchase----well worth the investment!!

AND then you will be able to join our dinner parties and add your recommendations---GO GIRL!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Has anyone ordered the Complete Library ? by Roxanne 21 (Once I received the ...)
This is going to be my 50th birthday present to myself on the 28th. You can never have too many cookbooks. I teach Foods I, and have 15 bookcases full of cookbooks at my house. Now to find room for 9 more!!!!!
  Re: Re: Has anyone ordered the Complete Library ? by Barbrainnc (This is going to be ...)
Hahahahahahaha...... You are after my own heart Barb. I adore books, all books, but only have two cases of cook books. A few limited editions, some very old fellows, incl. a 1746 dictionary. Two hundred years before the year I was born. Very interesting reading. It is hard keeping up with the bookcases, isn't it, though for us space isn't a problem at the moment. I would absolutely love to order the complete library, but the postage would be so forbidding I really can't. But would urge those who can to go for it. I too, consider it an investment. Worthwhile scrabbling around in the second hand shops perhaps. My 1900 Mrs Beeton has a long faded pressed pansy tucked in its pages. I wonder who put it there, long ago.
  Re: Re: Has anyone ordered the Complete Library ? by Barbrainnc (This is going to be ...)
"This is going to be my 50th birthday present to myself on the 28th" - of May??? That's my birthday also - but I was in my teens when you came on the scene!! we'll have to do it up right with a menu for Memorial day, right? Isn't that why we have Memorial day...for us???
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Has anyone ordered the Complete Library ? by vannin (Hahahahahahaha.........)
I've been getting C@H since 2002. I'm in the process of ordering all the back issues! So far, I've received the first 3 volumes (18 issues). They were similiar, yet primitive! LOL I love the format that they use now! I have introduced my Dad to C@H while at the hospital the past few days! I'm going to give him a 2 yr. subscription for Father's Day.
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: Has anyone ordered the Complete Library ? by Roxanne 21 (Once I received the ...)
I did the same thing. Fun reading.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Has anyone ordered the Complete Library ? by Old Bay (I did the same thing...)
LOL, I have a womens magazine from 1942, printed on coarse newsprint. By that time the food situation in England was pretty grim, but the ladies sure were inventive. My mother, during that time, thought she had it sussed. And sent 6 dozen eggs dipped in lard several times, and very carefully packed. But the lard melted on the way thru the Canal, and they arrived rotten. LOL My grandmother, in her wisdom, stuck to tinned fruit and salmon, sardines, and Anzac biscuits. They arrived in good order for those so strapped in England. We didn't have plastic bags then of course, so packing was a bit of a mission, we gasped in wonder when the first precut meat portions were seen in our first supermarket, with cling film, with foam trays. Golly oh Golly. That was in the mid 60s. giggle.
  Re: Re: Has anyone ordered the Complete Library ? by vannin (LOL, I have a womens...)
My grandmother recently gave me a cookbook entitled "The Lily Wallace New American Cook Book" It's pubishing date was 1944! It's falling apart. I love looking through to see the different/weird things in there! Eg. Jellied Anchovy...mmm...yuk! LOL
Almost forgot to mention, one of the neatest things to me about this book are all the other recipes my grandma has taped in every available spot!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: Has anyone ordered the Complete Library ? by Bizymomma (My grandmother recen...)
I think I have that book too. A 1946 edition, though.