Appetizer - Mushroom Paté
  Re: (...)
Here's an easy appetizer for you. I made this last Christmas to feed to Jean, Roy and their kids.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Mushroom Pate

Recipe By :Bill Cotton
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:45
Categories : Appetizers

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 4 oz onion -- peeled and quartered
1 clove garlic -- peeled
3/4 pound crimini mushrooms -- cleaned & quartered
6 tablespoons butter
3/4 teaspoon ground thyme
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup almonds -- roasted

In a food processor, whirl onion and garlic, pulsing on and off, until very finely chopped. Scrape into a bowl. Add half the mushrooms to processor and pulse until finely chopped (take care not to puree); scrape into bowl with onion mixture. Repeat with remaining mushrooms.

In a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add mushroom-onion mixture, thyme, and 1-tsp salt; stir often until liquid has evaporated, about 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, spread almonds in an 8-inch square pan. Bake in a 350F oven, shaking pan occasionally, until nuts are golden beneath skins, about 10 minutes. Pour into food processor. Whirl until nuts are as finely ground as possible, but not pasty. Stir into warm mushroom mixture.

Pack into a small bowl (at least 2 1/2-cup capacity) or two 1-cup ramekins; cover with plastic wrap. Chill overnight to blend flavors. Bring to room temperature and serve.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Appetizer - Mushroom Paté by bjcotton (Here's an easy appet...)
I have had this recipe and i can tell you myself and my boys DON'T like mushrooms at all and we couldn't stay out it, i couldn't believe how good it was, we really made pigs of ourselves
  Re: Re: Appetizer - Mushroom Paté by madmax (I have had this reci...)
I haven't had this recipe, but I am going to. Sooner rather than later. Looks very yum. 'Stuff It' parties are rather fun. Everything stuffed. Prawns, pastrami wraps, tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, zucchini, mushies, potatoes, kumara, cucs., lettuce wraps, tiny white aubergines, any aubergine, whole flounder fillets, chicken thigh pockets, tunnel boned lamb legs, avocardo, eggs, it is endless I suppose. I always make a Lot of zucchini.

Recipe, which I suppose you already have. Trim fore and aft a little. Halve and drop into boiling water for about 1 minute. Or steam. Use melon baller or teaspoon to remove seeds. Stuff with fresh breadcrumbs (from the stuffed rolls) finely chopped herbs of choice, skinned seeded tomatoes chopped, lightly sauted finely chopped onion, use sieved tomato juice from seeds for moisture, or an egg, s&p as you wish top with cheese and brown under grill. Don't know why the kids like these so much, but they do.
  Re: Re: Appetizer - Mushroom Paté by vannin (I haven't had this r...)
The reply by Madmax reminds me of my nephew. He loves my cooking. I made spaghetti and meatballs for the very first time at my lil' sis' house and was all nervous because she had invited company for dinner (I didn't know this when I decided to fix something for the first time). Well, dinner went exceptionally well and the guests were commenting on how good the spaghetti was and my nephew, who was about 5 or 6 at the time, looks at them with a deadpan face and states so very condescendingly, "Of course! My Uncle Bill made it!" When someone compliments me on something this scene always comes to mind

Billy
  Re: Re: Appetizer - Mushroom Paté by bjcotton (The reply by Madmax ...)
Oh I love that Billy, love it to bits. Depend on a kid every time....
  Re: Re: Appetizer - Mushroom Paté by vannin (Oh I love that Billy...)
Elizabeth made stuffed bell peppers for dinner the other night. Various colours, with beef mince, tomato, onion, bacon, herbs and heaven knows what else, with cheese topping. Christian was looking for more, but he was flat out of luck. Crazy mad salad on the side, with scolloped taties. It was very good.
  Re: Appetizer - Mushroom Paté by bjcotton (Here's an easy appet...)
Billy, I LOVE mushrooms and can't wait to try this! Thanks for posting it...
Tammy
  Re: Re: Appetizer - Mushroom Paté by TwilightKitten (Billy, I LOVE mushro...)
I have about 1660 recipes in MasterCook and so far have only cooked about 110 of them. They were all good.

The last couple of days, I have been cooking simple things for my lil sis to take on their vacation, i.e. 6 pounds of browned hamburger, 4 doz eggs hardcooked and peeled, 20 pounds of boiled potatoes for salad and 18 half cooked potatoes to finish off on their grill at the camp. I grilled 3 chicken breasts I had marinated in the left over sauce from the Beer Braised Brisket (yum were they good) for a Chef's Salad...don't know what I'll do for supper tonight.

Billy
  Re: Re: Appetizer - Mushroom Paté by bjcotton (I have about 1660 re...)
Golly Billy, do they have a fridge? Thats a lot of food. Are you putting it in one of those sucked bags? A great big chilly bin? What? How?
  Re: Re: Appetizer - Mushroom Paté by vannin (Golly Billy, do they...)
They have a Warrior trailer. The front part is a kitchen,with stove, microwave, refrigerator, sinks, bathroom with shower, closet and bedroom. You can let down the whole back end of the trailer and it becomes a ramp so you can put your motorcycles, 4-wheel cycles, etc. in it. There is a large bed that is on springs that you put up to the inside top of the trailer, drive your vehicles in and once you are where you're going, take the vehicles out and lower the bed. This trailer is about 20-25 feet long and sleeps 6 (when the vehicles aren't in it).

Billy